Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Girl Problem

Newbie kragga_PLEAZ may be famous one day kragga_PLEAZ may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wink Girl Problem

There's this girl in my Speech class that's with Anime stuff, the problem is I'm a white football player dude who knows nothing about Anime. She likes something called "Full Metal Alchemist" and some other ones. But the names were so hard to remember. We flirt alot now, but she seriously likes this stuff. And I need something I can seriously talk to her about. So can anyone help me? I got all the confidence and everything, but this other dude in my class started talking to her about Anime stuff and she stopped talking to me as much. So I think I'll beat him up after school...Just Kidding

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Full metal alchemist is on cartoon network late at night (the Adult Swim part of the chanel), so that may give you some pointers about the show... Also if you have a broadband connection you can download some fansubs of the most recent Animes airing on japan (if he only knows DBZ or other "broadcasted" anime you may have an advantage)....

One of the best places to start is http://www.animesuki.com

Also try looking at some review sites like :http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/index.php

Note: Yeah before any one of you mention it, I'm actually helping someone for once....

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    MuaahaAHahaHAhaHAhaHAHAAHaHAhaAhAHAaa!! An anime noob...though jus cuz we all love anime doesnt mean we are all nuttin but a maniacal group of fanatics for something like that...though im really good at sports and stuff, i really like watching anime...its fun to watch as it is entertaining and very coolio =P..if u think u got wat it takes to get into anime then jus watch a bit of CN (cartoon network) and there should be a thing that airs on every saturday...it starts at i think 9...though u can watch those beginning animes and then gradually work ur way up...if u want to look up anime online then look up some of these..i think they might be interesting for you:

Inuyasha
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Naruto
    Love Hina
    Bleach
    Gundam (there are a bunch of different gundam series such as Wing/Wing Zero, Seed, G Gundam, Seed Astray, etc...)
    Evangelion

There are more but i suggest these first..they seem to be the most widely known for those beginning to get into anime or atleast trying =D..GOOD LUCK!

Newbie kragga_PLEAZ may be famous one day kragga_PLEAZ may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I guess the fact that I don't have cable sucks, right?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kragga_PLEAZ
    ^...haha...well...u atleast got the interenet to help ya out..or u can go to a friends house and watch it there if u can...=D...but i think online is the only way u can learn more about it if u dont have cable..

Newbie heavens_dragon may be famous one day heavens_dragon may be famous one day heavens_dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    haha, yes yes, I agree going around online is the best way to get to know what each anime is about. Start with summary and work your way up to the specific scenes. Fullmetal Alchemist is an awesome anime, you should actually watch it ^^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey, if you don't have cable just wondering...do you have broadband connection, that way you could download unlicensed anime, so instead of catching up start out in front of the game...

animes are usually expensive so you might have to sell a gameball or a championship ring

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by kragga_PLEAZ
    Looks like it's time to peruse your local DVD rental stores. Most of them will have a basic selection of Anime titles. (And why not ask that girl what titles she recommends!?!?...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast