Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Girl Problem

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Looks like it's time to peruse your local DVD rental stores. Most of them will have a basic selection of Anime titles. (And why not ask that girl what titles she recommends!?!?...)
    I'll second that. That's how I was introduced to Anime. When I lived in SLC there was a Hollywood Video that had an excellent selection. Before that all I'd seen was Voltron etc. I noticed that the Lodoss War video's were always out and had to see what the big deal was.
    There was no going back.....

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    If she shoots you down just because you're not a fanboy, she wasn't worth the time in the first place.

But if you insist...

The best plan is to use your innocence of anime to your advantage. Mention that you hear her talking about this "Full Metal Alchemist" thingy and you were wondering if she could tell you about it. Most fanboys/fangirls will leap at the chance to show off their perceived anime knowledge to the "uninitiated."

Once she's been talking to you about it (hey look, you're having a conversation with a pretty girl), ask her if she could show you an episode or two because it sounds pretty cool. Voila, you're now going to spend some quality time with her on a Saturday night.

After that, my young apprentice, you're on your own.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    If she shoots you down just because you're not a fanboy, she wasn't worth the time in the first place.

But if you insist...

The best plan is to use your innocence of anime to your advantage. Mention that you hear her talking about this "Full Metal Alchemist" thingy and you were wondering if she could tell you about it. Most fanboys/fangirls will leap at the chance to show off their perceived anime knowledge to the "uninitiated."

Once she's been talking to you about it (hey look, you're having a conversation with a pretty girl), ask her if she could show you an episode or two because it sounds pretty cool. Voila, you're now going to spend some quality time with her on a Saturday night.

What he said. XD If you really into this girl just talk to her and tell her that you want to know more about Anime and what its about. if you have a wal-mart or best buy anywere around where you live check out the Anime DVD section. Wal-mart has a small vority of anime but it will get you on a good chat with her.

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kragga_PLEAZ
    I guess the fact that I don't have cable sucks, right?
    meh, not really, i have cable yet i dont get cartoon network thus the only anime on is inuyasha on the weekends >.<

and ye, wut zui quan said, that sounds like a plan
    ull also find plenty of anime at ur local video/dvd rental store.
    of course a cheaper alternative is to buy manga they USUALLY have the same story line and characters, etc.

i would like to recommend:
    love hina
    chobits
    DBZ [up till Z, DO NOT WATCH GT]
    Neon Genesis Evangelion [a must see]
    Bleach
    Get Backers
    Ghost in the Shell
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Akira [movie]
    Hotaru no haka(grave of the fireflies) [movie]
    and thats basically it....
    i may have missed a few....

soooooo how hot IS this girl

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Instead of listing a ton of anime titles that you certainly don't know, or some that the girl knows (maybee), I suggest to try and remember what kinds of anime she watches. Or the titles. Then, read about them on the net, or ask her like Zui said.

As said earlier, she should be happy to do "anime" type stuff with you if she likes you. And if she doesn't, well, I wouldn't know.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan

But if you insist...

haha.....ahhh yess.....there goes the great wisdom and knowledge of the great Zui Quan! =D (clapping)......but neway....i would agree with that idea...sounds like its gonna work for sure...but if that doesnt work...u can always go for the mangas as well...usually u can find them at barnes and nobles and other stores of the such..i usually get mine from suncoast but i not sure u have one of those around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2