Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: God

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really believe in God.. i do believe that there is something really powerfull that created us all, and if it created us it could easily destroy us. I called it God, because i don't know what to call it.
    It was kind of hard for me, especially, because my family is catholic. And eventough my family wasn't really religious, it was still hard..to find and answer to my questions. I had so many questions grownig up..but i kind of got tire of asking my family, their answer wouldn't be as concret as i wanted them to be. So i started asking around and making my own desicions. Sometimes i do pray.. to the almighty (God i guess) and ask him to protect my family if he has that power.
    About Evolution, everything evolves..it just a matter of time. There isn't one thing since i don't know 2000 years ago that hasn't evolve. Things that don't evolve disappear.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fire blade
    i don't belive that theres a (god) sorry i don't mean to upset any one but thats what i belive.plz don't hate me cuess i feel that way i belive that theres more than 0ne god or godess for that manner. i just think that.i don't have a reason. i guess i might be a littil confused but i might not be you know. who says that anyones right.it's all up to us to follow are own path.
    hehe silly no one is going to hate you for your beliefs.....*looks around for acknowledgement*
    we might seem to be at each others throats at times, but as long as you don't press the wrong buttons we're one big happy AO family ^^
    If you're confused, then seek out answers, ask people and see why they believe what they believe. There are religions out there that believe in multiple Gods too. Everyone's confused at least at one point or another, but it's up to you to ... un-confuse yourself

HRob, I kinda feel for what you're going through, my parents are also not strong Catholics so I feel out answers for myself. Luckily I had a more ready access to people I could ask because I went to a Catholic HighSchool. But it's not an easy thing, and it's not something that....once you have you don't doubt it later in your life. I'm still looking, searching, questioning.

About evolution vs. creation, Here's my Catholic viewpoint spew , you have been warned, "these are my personal views and does not necessarily reflect the views of this humble forum"

I believe in creation at the beginning, everything was created by God. Believing in creation doesn't mean you don't believe in evolution. Someone pointed out something somewhere else before. Just because we have proof of evolution doesn't mean that God didn't create those signs of previous evolution in addition to things that we see around us now. The bible doesn't account for every single thing on earth when depicting creation. It doesn't go...God created: <proceed to name every single thing in the world>. Why couldn't God create preliminary evolution or fossils? As for the big bang leading to evolution, or the whole Theory of Intelligent Design....there's no solid proof of that just as there is no "solid" proof of God.
    Creation isn't as simple as playing SimCity and building a city from the ground up. Just because it's not evident around us or because we didn't discover it early on, doesn't mean that it wasn't a creation by God.

[/end of spew]
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    god n. Something that is worshiped, idealized, or followed.

"In God we trust" God is such a general name. People try say that its talking about the God of judeo-christianity. The word "God" is so non-descript, and thats the way it should be in america. Why cant we accept that it means everyone's god? Everyone has a god. Wether it be a supreme being or otherwise. For some people, God is their car. For some, money. For Muslims, Allah. For Jews and Christians, YHWH.

But just the word "God"? You don't have to be a religious person to have a God. God is whatever is most important to you.

worship v.tr. To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion

The religious aspect of worship is only culturaly implied, but really it just means to care deply about someone or something. This can mean anything from a deity to a video game. Everyone has a god. It's pre wired into our mentality to worship. Humanity at is most basic level prevents life without some form of god. Even those who claim they believe in no god have things they care about. those things are their gods.

P.S. If anyone want's to talk religion on a one on one level, feel free to IM me. I'm not trying to convert anyone, I just want to learn more about other religions.
    My s/n is YngwieBass

Newbie lesliejames14 may be famous one day lesliejames14 may be famous one day lesliejames14's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe God exists and He created us because He loves us... GOD IS SELFLESS LOVE.

Newbie Takeno may be famous one day Takeno may be famous one day Takeno's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy

As a storg believer in GOD did'nt read none Of the replys this thread because I don't care what you think or believe in just know you dont have to believe in GOD but you do have to fear him

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    As a storg believer in GOD did'nt read none Of the replys this thread because I don't care what you think or believe in just know you dont have to believe in GOD but you do have to fear him
    Amen to that brother lol! As a strong christian as I am, even though u don't care what ppl believe about God, they still have their opinion about it. Well thats just my opinion. Even if i wasn't a Christian i still would have believed there was God. Why? Well i just don't like the fact that if i die, i just basically go non existence. POOF BAM GONE! Yeah, and its scary to think that ur life just ends there. There is no afterlife.

Newbie Xterminate may be famous one day Xterminate may be famous one day Xterminate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You think that shit is scary.... pfft I think its scary as hell to go to hell and be whipped and totured ENTERNALLY!!!!! Does the make any kind of impression on you? Seriously...

btw - I didnt think my thread would get this big... thats awesome.
    I'm Back with an attitude... So stfu!
    [ MT | My Gallery ]
    "One shot, Two Shot, Three Shot, Four Shots, All I hear is gun shots, This is when the fun stops, Bodies drop hit the floor musics off, Party stops everybody hit the doors, sombodies lickin shots off"

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    Let's be scientific here, shall we?

If a=b and b=c, then a=c

If you love God and God loves people, the you love people

and that means you care about their beliefs and feelings

I do agree about the fear thing, eternal damnation is never too much fun. But it's important to keep an open mind. God did give people free will after all.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast