Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: God

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    forget about heaven or hell, these things are irrelevant. the real question is the oldest, What's the point of all of this?
    What's the point of God making us?

i mean, was he lonely? did he just do it on a whim? are we supposed to learn something?

hell seems pretty silly in this light. i mean what would be the point behind creating tiny little creatures with limited intelligence and even smaller understanding of the world, and then judging them and placing them into eternal damnation and torment after only having lived life for 100 years? that's the blink of an eye.

so yea, forget about hell. i prefer to think that if hell exists, then thats what we're living in. maybe we're all just running around in here like chickens with our heads cut off until we die, and then we reach understanding. or maybe reaching enlightenment causes us to die. whatever the case, think God was lonely without us fools?

The end is important in all things.

Newbie Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    This thread would've been more appropiate if it was labeled "Creation VS Evolution" but even this topic has done to death. I always belived that science gave me more answers that made sense to me then religion. My eyes were glued to the science channel about elements that formed life. H20 is one of the key element's that witch made life possible since after all, most of our body mass is made up of water. I'd further elaborate, but I need to restudy on this part of the subject.

Religion is a whole diffrent game. Most people here are free to beleive such a god exists. Either that or at least have something they want to beleive in if it makes them sleep good at night.

Newbie RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe in god. I'm not sure if I believe in hell though. Fallenone has made a valid point that I've heard before and constantly think about. Death is definently the only answer. I believe, and hope, there will be something on the other side. I just cant fathom being here for 78 years and dying and then there being nothing.All life in me ceasing. But hey, ya never know.

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks
    What I really want to see is scientific proof of no God existing at all. Proof speaks more than belief.
    On a second note, what I really want to know is if there is a "wrong" religion. Some are polytheistic, some are monotheistic, and other religions have people call ordinary humans "God". Is there more than one god and goddesses or is there just one?
    I am a baptist, but I come through religious problems in my life once in a while trying to think if there really is a God or not, or many.
    Also, there must be a heaven and a hell or something similar. You can't do good things all your life and not be rewarded, neither can you do bad things and not be punished or possibly forgiven for your sins.
    Last edited by Jmccormick; Nov 05, 2004 at 04:03 PM.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    I fear death because if I did die I'm not sure where I would be going. I believe in God but I just dont have complete trust in him for some reason. I dont want to burn in hell eternaly and be tortured every second of the res tof my life. Does that sound good?

The Only thing that keeps the fire burning in me is knowing that there are many men angels in heaven and many woman that go to hell(as it says in the Bible). Speaking of the Bible... Have any of you ever picked it up just to read what God has to say about everything?

I get so confused in this world because of all of the theory's... such as evolution, then there is creation, and then there is the case of Jesus being a complete maniac as cs lewis has opened my mind up to that thought. What do you think on that?

Sorry If this does lead anyone in the wrong direction but I find it very powerful to have a thread like this in forum's.

[I am saved though]

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmccormick
    What I really want to see is scientific proof of no God existing at all. Proof speaks more than belief.
    Ah, this brings back memories of the invisible cat discussioni had in Christian Ethics class. note that i am a philosopher, not a member of a religious group.

This is like saying that that there is an invisible cat on a chair. If there is an invisible cat on the chair, the chair will appear empty.

The chair appears empty.

Therefore, is there an invisible cat on the chair?

Come on, look at the chair. it looks completely empty, just as if an invisible cat were sitting on it!

But really now, how can you ask for proof that kami can't exist?

The message our teacher was trying to get across to the religious members of our class was that its not the responsibility of non-beleivers to prove to the world that kami don't exist, but rather if you're going to be religious, you need to prove their existence. Vague claims that cannot be disproven aren't grounds for an argument.

My next theorum: The center of the moon is filled with spagetti-o's. Let's see ya prove that one wrong!

I'm joking.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against religous people. My best friend and roommate is very religous. But there's no excuse for not being logical.

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks

People, PLEASE read my whole post before replying...

I do believe in a God bluetigerfour, I just think it would be interesting to see if someone actually came up with scientific proof and could back it up, not promoting it. Things can be proven wrong as much as they can be proven right. In Islamic religion, they were told that if man were to land, or reach on the moon, it would be the end of the earth. We did just that and some of their religion was proven wrong.

EDIT: Sorry this is off topic but ......yesss! Gallcomp's back to save the day! No more random or unrelated posts and more thread closing. It's about freakin time. The fear has been put back into AO members
    Last edited by Jmccormick; Nov 05, 2004 at 04:55 PM.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I am 15, at that stage of questioning God or probably just not believing in him to piss my father off, either way i never really cared. i mean i wondered what was out there but more like in terms of what kind of layers the outisde has beoynd our planet Earth? i do read philosophy so i am influenced by nientzsche and his work. i am a big fan of aristotle and david hume. i am still in the process of proving God's existance but i can tell you Jesus has a sense of humor. He did wear a dress.... or a robe but a robe is just a fancy word for a dress.....
    But if god does exist, i couldn't care less because he doesn't interfere in my life and i am happy. i know religion is a need for most people, the people who want to suffer so let tham beleive in silly things. i can make up my own God, who looks like a sheep.
    Point is, I never met God so I can't tell you if i like the guy or not. I don't like the starvin children in Ethiopia nor the wars we go through. But tehse problems can be fixed by humans, not God. I don't think God even wants to help us because people will screw it up anyway. So God does a good thing by not showing up.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast