Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: God

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTigerFour
    Well that's what you beleive. I was just letting you know what predestination is and what religions hold it to be true. I think by now you've caught onto the idea that i don't buy into any of it =)

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I never said you believed in the religion. All I simply said was that there was something wrong with the belief that was stated. It didn't seem right and I was just pointing it out to see your view on it.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Newbie RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think when it all comes down to it, there is no way for anyone to ever be proven correct or incorrect. You can only do what makes you happy. I am a firm believer in living life to its fullest. No matter WHAT. If that means that you have to hurt someones feelings to do something you truly want to do. Then sorry, someones feelings are getting hurt. I dont believe god would put us on earth and put boundaries on our living. Thats dumb. Like putting a child in a play pen full of toys and telling them that they can't touch any of them. They simply have to flip over a specific toy the whole time they are in the pen.

Another thing is that as far as science goes I think that its true what that famous guy said <sorry, im slightly innebreated so i cant think of his name> The more he looked into the stars and tried to prove things scientifically, the more he believed in a higher power. But. yah. whatever. Im done. cottonmouth.

Newbie durandal may be famous one day durandal may be famous one day durandal's Avatar
    Thanks
    It was said earlier that science is like the opposite of god, always proving things wrong. Really, this cant be held right - i mean, if there is a god, then science (if carried through to some final stage) could only prove him right. The only instance where it could definitively disprove the existance of god would be if god did not exist. Truly, science is anathema to ignorance, but not to god. This is backed up further by how many scientists there are that also believe in god (not counting creationists of course)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think we make God more complicated than we have to sometimes. It's only freewill that makes draw different conclusions or interpretations of him. Though I will argee that some of the things people claim God has done doesn't always seem to fit in scientific terms. Then again, science was invented by us, therefore it would have flaws like us wouldn't it? I believe there's God, but his true intentions can't be found out(assuming he exists) until the end of your life. That's why there are so many doubts. We've only read about him in book by people who didn't answer ALL the questions to our satisfaction. We get tricked by gossip and lies so much we don't know how to trust something we can't see or talk to anymore.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    so yea, forget about hell. i prefer to think that if hell exists, then thats what we're living in
    *looks around the "hole" known as Runcorn, and begins to think you are right*

I am my own worst enemy for even replying to this thread at all, and I really don't care what anyone else believes as long as they don't force it on someone else or disrepect someone of a different faith. I also think the most important thing about faith is the fact YOU know why you believe it, not just because someone else said so but you'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to think for themselves...

People often try and exclude me from such conversations because I am a pagan, I only like to make sure my view point is heard. I have never tried to push it on someone or insist they believe me, it's a shame I can't say that the other way around...

Andiishere is great to have these conversations with, a true and active believer of his faith. I have a lot of respect for that

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I think we make God more complicated than we have to sometimes.
    An old friend of mine said, God's love is shallow enough for a baby to swim in, But deep enough for us all to drown in.

Personally I am a christian **waits for everyone to look shocked** But I am friends with people of all different beliefs. I enjoy hearing about their beliefs. Hearing more about this world into which i was born.

ok, and now for Jmccormick's point, we did screw it up with Jesus, and there hasn't and won't be another messiah. And now you ask why God sent His son to die...

Some christians say "Hell is the absence of God". This is not true (God being omnipresent and all) Heaven is being in the presence of God in the form of His glory, Hell is in the form of His wrath. God hates sin. therefore (God being omnipotent), sin cannot exist in the full presence of God's glory (explaining why sinners go to Hell). So God (being omniscient) found a way around this. By covering us with His own blood, we could become clean enough to enter His presence and become his lovers (the reason Adam was created).

Ok now for the next part...

God's creation is an ongoing process. He is constatly involved in it. You're having a bad day, someone who you hardly know notices and tries to make you feel better. God knew they would be there right then and there to help you out. He called their attention to you. He was that little voice in the back of their head saying "go see whats wrong".

And now I guess I hinted at predestination there, so here goes...

God is eternal. No begining, no end. This is incomprehensible to the human mind, Why? Because it is trapped by the concept of time. God exists outside of our time. Our lives our like our stories. We wrote them. We are writing them. But they are in our time. To someone outside time, they are already in the stores and on the shelves. God ocasionaly adds in His own ideas and stuff to make them turn out exactly as we wrote them.

ok im pretty much done now.
    **sees everyone asleep**
    you dont have to believe the same as I do
    YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DISAGREE
    I still love you all
    and enjoy hearing your point of view and your own personal beliefs

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh please, not boring at all. I wish the sermons I go to was only this long haha

but you're right, there's too much miracles out in this world to not believe there is at least a god

Newbie On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to fill in with my own thoughts on this;

Personly I think that if a higher being exsists, then we are proof of it, seeing this from a highly philosofical view.

To make things a bit eaiser on the mind to grasp what I'm trying at I'll begin to make an example, or sorts.

If the things that make reality, the world around us and it's people, are nothing but impulses to your brain, then your mind must the "true self" locked in a body maid of matter.
    Thinking that what is created in the mind is just pulses of thought, then everything that exsists inside is as real as the things in the "reality" around us.

If God is the creator the we may not be anything other then impulses of thought locked in side his/her mind.

As a writer, every being, tree or event must be as real to those who think "with" my thoughts, as well as all the events that follows.

Thus making me, you, him, her - God.

But this is all just talk... or?
    Last edited by On Angel Wings; Nov 06, 2004 at 05:30 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast