Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

What is good? Or evil? Is there a true right or wrong?

Here is the first deffinition that I came across for good.

Good-Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor.

But what is bad?

Bad-More inferior, as in quality, condition, or effect.

Wow, these deffinitions are quite vague aren't they?

Ok, now I have, the deffinitions for right and wrong.

Right-Conforming with or conformable to justice, law, or morality.

Wrong-Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous.

So, these don't really show a true good, or bad, they are vague about right and wrong. Now I ask, what is good, or bad, what is right and wrong, is there a real, solid, sound meaning for right and wrong, good and evil? Personally, I don't think so.

Good, evil, right, wrong, they're all mater of opinion. Its the same for valuable gifts, or trash, much like the phrase, "One mans trash, may be anothers treasure." I think this to be the same with right and wrong (for the most part). Sure there are things that everyone can agree that is good, or that is evil. But really, when it comes to it, isn't it all just your thought on whats going on, and the occasional influence from others that makes us judge the right and the wrong? What are you thoughts on this AO? Is there a true good/evil/right/wrong or is it dependant on each individual?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

their is no true definition of who is bad/good/right/wrong because they will always think they are right and good and the other is bad and wrong
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

open your eyes and see the path thats ahead of you then you will know

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

some times to be good, you have to be bad and or is it the other way around? it depends on the sitcheation, some ppl might not know right from wrong, am i making any sence?

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

*Cleans up and removes spam*

Enough with the spam guys, if you dont have anything good to add dont post. Spams not allowed here.

Newbie sleazy may be famous one day sleazy may be famous one day sleazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Imho, I believe that humanity as a whole is endowed with a basic instinct of what is good or evil, a concience for us all ingrained in our being. I am however a Thiest so that my very well be coloring my perceptions. Also I think that it also depends on ones up-bringing, if one's parents were responsible and taught their children the basic moral values such as one example that it's wrong to kill. But honestly, I'm not too sure you can color everything completely black and white, because there is a lot of grey area in between at least as far as I see it. To use a very basic example, I think most can agree it's wrong to steal, but what about a starving man trying to feed his family stealing food?

Incidentally, yeah I know, it's kinda like the "tree falling in the woods and no one around" bit, but I think it's a valid point.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

You say killing is wrong, but what if someone was killing for the president? For their king? Or what if they did it for God? Would it still be wrong then?

A friend of mine says that Moses had built up an army and killed hundreds, thousands for God. First off, I'd like to know if this is true, and if it is, then why would the almighty himself, the 'good of good' let this 'evil' deed happen?

I mean, everyone here in America thinks that 9/11 was terrible and we blame Iraq and clame that they are evil and thus should be punished, but what of their veiw? What if what they did was right to them? Would it be wrong of us to punish them because they were doing something right in their minds, in their faith?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Newbie sleazy may be famous one day sleazy may be famous one day sleazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point, and it comes in on my "grey area" bit. Murder out of spite or gain maybe considered wrong, but whether it's to save a life or for a multitude of any other reasons, one can definitely veiw that as "right" or "good".

Sorry for generalizing on that bit

Also, never heard of the bit about Moses, and don't know where your friend got that info. But one horrible thing is that more atrocities have been committed throughout history in the name of God than anything else, but is it devine inspiration or one persons need to justify their actions?
    Last edited by sleazy; Feb 17, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast