Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sleazy
    Good point, and it comes in on my "grey area" bit. Murder out of spite or gain maybe considered wrong, but whether it's to save a life or for a multitude of any other reasons, one can definitely veiw that as "right" or "good".

But how then do you weigh ones life over anothers?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

good and bad is all matter of opinon and how u view wat is right or wrong

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie sleazy may be famous one day sleazy may be famous one day sleazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

But how then do you weigh ones life over anothers?
    That I believe is someone everyone must do for themselves to find their own opinion. If someone tried to kill a visible political figure, or say a famous celebrity loved by all, then most people will veiw this as a wrong action and that it is "Evil" But lets say this person who is being killed has a secret agenda or is endangering lives (obscure and extreemly far-fetched but just speaking hypothetically) then it might be seen as a "good" or right thing to do. What if only a small number of peope know this agenda or realizes this person is doing something they find Evil? They're going to be thinking that their death was a good thing while everyone else thinks it's a horrible tragedy and an act of evil. It's all a matter of individual perspective with a lot of grey area mixed in. Obviously I'm not bringing to light all the circumstances or arguements, but hopefully I have what I mean across. Good/bad/right/wrong is dependant upon the person your asking, but I still believe that there is an inherent "human concience" in us all.. not going to argue that fact cause I can't accurately substantiate it so

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

In this reality, there is no right and wrong.
    It changes with the times...

What once people thought to be wrong was other races marrying each other...

What once people thought to be right was slavery...

But as times changed, so did those thoughts...

We act as if we were crazy, but we whole-heartedly believe those.
    It took people, who took time to think about it, to try and lecture us...
    ...that's what changed it.

And it took us, who were getting softer as the years passed by, to be able to listen...
    ...that's what changed it.

It took time to bring courage.
    And it took time to think about it.

Now, do I, myself... necessarily believe that there is good and evil? Right or wrong?

I do...

... -_- but I also believe there's something more than just those two.
    There is nothing wrong with evil, there is nothing great with good.
    It is what we prefer is what we think is right and wrong.
    We've been fed since we were little what was good and evil...
    Black and white... and the odd gray...

But if things really were that easy... then we'd figure out just how easy everything was!

"If I'm good, I can fly! ....... *goes up to cliff* ... FLYYYYYYYY~YYYY~AAAAAHHHHHH~I'M FALLING~!!!! I'M NOT GOOOOOOD~!!! *splat* "

XD JK! bad example...

But... ..... ¬_¬ eh, blah, I'm already bored of posting on this one... XD

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

non of us are right we're all sinners!!!

Code Name Wind

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    non of us are right we're all sinners!!!
    Then how can you be right about that? XD XD XD

^_^ Lighting Count... Why don't you Lighten Up? XD

Even if life is a never ending montage and barrage of "evilness" a "non-forgivable past" and "hatred" and "sadness"..... what's the use of just accepting it? ^.^

If all we do is wrong then shouldn't we all just shut up and sit down and stare right in front of us until we're given a command?
    You speak as if you're constantly repenting for a sin in the past. Well man, the forgiveness or the acknowledgement cannot be found here. ^.^ And if you say neither forgiveness or acknowledgement is what you seek, then silence! Post as a member of AO, cut the crap and smell the roses. You're here for now!

^__^ And if you think that was spam, that was a look into "good and evil" right there! XD

>_O Afterall, if only God is good... and being a servant of God is the only way of DOING something good, then what are you doing wasting time posting on a message board?! XD

If humans are always born evil, and can never become cleansed...
    Then man, did Jesus do a crappy job! XD XD XD

o_o God... I'm just kidding... you know that, right?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god
    good and bad is all matter of opinon and how u view wat is right or wrong
    Actually there is a definition of evil, evil is that which is due to the absence of good..in other words, evil is that which has happened where good SHOULD have been..atleast thas what my teachers say

Newbie JDowzell may be famous one day JDowzell may be famous one day
    Thanks

Now, I am no believer in any religion (but I dont disregard any either), so my versions of right/wrong and morality may differ to those with religious beliefs (although ones own personal morality is differrent to anyone elses personal morality), but i believe that right is something that one can do that benefits more than (and sometimes excluding) yourself. For instance giving some change to a stranger so they have enough for bus fares. I believe that to do right is to go out of your way to aid others. I believe that wroing is the inverse - not necessarily the exact opposite, but thinking about yourself first. You could still give that person some change, but only if you have enough and psare for yourself. (I know this is a bad analogy but hopefully uou get what I am saying). I like to think that to good is making others happy, or providing them with a "brighter day", whilst evil is doing something that is self-centerd, or that upsets people. Now, when it comes to such things as wars, it is obviously a bit harder, as it involves peoples lives, and you cant really weigh up ones life against another, no matter how "evil" they are. For they are only doing what they see as right (I know this isnt 100% true but it is for the majority). They see others as the ones in the wrong, and decide to change their ways. i can understand their thinking - they want to bring them over to the side of the "light", so that they may lead a good life. they may have saved them from a sad, "sinning" life. But then the inverse is also true.
    Now, I dont believe that anybody is strictly "evil" in wars (except those who enjoy killing, not because they are told to do so, but just of sheer pleasure of seeing another die).
    But look at me, I've babbled. I'll shut up now and see what pwople have to say.
    Hope I didnt waffle mindless brainrot for the past 5 minutes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast