Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good/Evil/Right/Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    Actually there is a definition of evil, evil is that which is due to the absence of good..in other words, evil is that which has happened where good SHOULD have been..atleast thas what my teachers say
    But then... that'd be your TEACHER's definition of evil. ^.^

o_o but if THAT's true then it'd be like...

"
    ._. dude... this food doesn't taste so good... *flips steak over* ...in fact, it's as if GOOD is missing from its existance....

AHA! SO IT MUST BE A SPAWN OF SATAN!!! EVILL!!! EVILLLL!!!!!! *burninates it*
    "

XD XD XD JK! JK!

... o_o Good.... you know what's good? A Mr. Goodbar... nummy...

<_< Well, in other languages, evil takes many forms... many different meanings... in pure English language, we get too literal. We either refer it to Satan himself, or we give off a list of "What is wrong". XD

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i beleive there a different shades of right and wronge they kinda converge like this picture will show.

there are rare ocations where there is a clear right or wronge. but right and wronge is always determined by the person perspective and beleifs.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDowzell
    Now, I am no believer in any religion (but I dont disregard any either), so my versions of right/wrong and morality may differ to those with religious beliefs (although ones own personal morality is differrent to anyone elses personal morality), but i believe that right is something that one can do that benefits more than (and sometimes excluding) yourself. For instance giving some change to a stranger so they have enough for bus fares. I believe that to do right is to go out of your way to aid others. I believe that wroing is the inverse - not necessarily the exact opposite, but thinking about yourself first. You could still give that person some change, but only if you have enough and psare for yourself. (I know this is a bad analogy but hopefully uou get what I am saying). I like to think that to good is making others happy, or providing them with a "brighter day", whilst evil is doing something that is self-centerd, or that upsets people. Now, when it comes to such things as wars, it is obviously a bit harder, as it involves peoples lives, and you cant really weigh up ones life against another, no matter how "evil" they are. For they are only doing what they see as right (I know this isnt 100% true but it is for the majority). They see others as the ones in the wrong, and decide to change their ways. i can understand their thinking - they want to bring them over to the side of the "light", so that they may lead a good life. they may have saved them from a sad, "sinning" life. But then the inverse is also true.
    Now, I dont believe that anybody is strictly "evil" in wars (except those who enjoy killing, not because they are told to do so, but just of sheer pleasure of seeing another die).
    But look at me, I've babbled. I'll shut up now and see what pwople have to say.
    Hope I didnt waffle mindless brainrot for the past 5 minutes
    Well, that's basically what it means in this world.
    Generally, that is.

Specific people have different opinions, of course.

But then again, why would opinions matter? ..well, some say it's because we don't like to accept facts? But then again, what really is a fact? What one person tells us? ...well, we all know that can't be right. So we just keep giving opinions until all of us agree. ^.^

As for dude101...
    O_o do you always have an image to show?

If good and evil and the gray area meant shades of color, then I question what's up with rainbows! XD XD XD

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

in the concept of Ying & Yang, everything exists in opposites...

To be good, one has to know what is bad
    To be right, one has to know what is wrong
    To Know God, one has to know the mind of the devil himself

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

we humans label whats right or wrong. Nothing is right or wrong in nature.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Zero gravity
    we humans label whats right or wrong. Nothing is right or wrong in nature.
    Well would u like a snake,dog,horse,lion,camel to label and tell us who is actually in charge of the earth tell us what is wrong or maybe we can talk to Trees like in Lord of the Ring come on man u know this..
    Every action has a reaction
    Every positive has negative.
    Every situation has a outcome Good for some /bad for some.
    We cant always have all the answers because ppl are individuals if u noticed and nobody does anything the same as the other.

Most ppl get their set of values and Morals from their parent/teachers at school and their religion so how does it work that some are good and some are bad because i will teach my children different than u would yours and their is the difference.If everybody believed in the same religion then we would all teach our children in the way of that ,so yeah there we have the situation.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk
    Zero gravity

Well would u like a snake,dog,horse,lion,camel to label and tell us who is actually in charge of the earth tell us what is wrong or maybe we can talk to Trees like in Lord of the Ring come on man u know this..
    Every action has a reaction
    Every positive has negative.
    Every situation has a outcome Good for some /bad for some.
    We cant always have all the answers because ppl are individuals if u noticed and nobody does anything the same as the other.

Most ppl get their set of values and Morals from their parent/teachers at school and their religion so how does it work that some are good and some are bad because i will teach my children different than u would yours and their is the difference.If everybody believed in the same religion then we would all teach our children in the way of that ,so yeah there we have the situation.
    when i say nature (not mother nature) i meant objectively, nothing i mean nothing is right or wrong in its natural state. Humans has the power to decide what is right or wrong. Stealing for example, objectively it isn't right or wrong but we say its wrong because it goes against our morals and morals are created by society.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3