Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Grief... what happened to Grammar?!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Good Grief... what happened to Grammar?!

This is one of my biggest forum peeves. People that cannot - for some inane, retarded reason - use punctuation or capitals when they post. Honestly, folks... it's not that hard! Now, I'm not trying to point fingers - as already most of the members of the Neo AO use it correctly - but if you can be bothered to put a period on the end of their sentences, then they should be back in elementary school! That's what it was there for!

Now, if this offends any of you, then I suggest you learn how to write and thencomplain about it.

To the others, sorry for the little outburst. The old grammar nazi in me is on a rampage.

Newbie sakura-chan may be famous one day sakura-chan may be famous one day sakura-chan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I understand you completely...It is very annoying to read something with either bad grammar or spelling or worse, both...
    One of my friends writes in a way that I can barely understand....He puts his WORDS in point form.....So most of his words are missing letters and his sentences are missing words.....

It didn't use to bug me that much before but then I took a grammar class in university.....

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah it is annoying when people use bad grammar and spelling in their posts, inless of course they do it to make a point. So yeah, I agree unless you are making a specific point try to use correct grammar and spelling in your posts. It really makes things easier for the rest of us.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    stfu.... oh wait, I have to say Shut the **** up

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Maybe some of them arn't out of Elementary school yet?

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hell no. I be pimpin in da club wit ma 5 year old friend biatch! [Just playin]

Yes, Grammar is an issue these days but who gives a ****! It will never change so just leave it alone.

Correction: People will never change. There may be an invention that does it for you though....

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    look, some people arn't so good in languages.
    then you have people from other countries with english as second language or even thirth language. you don't get the grammar right so easily if you don't write english all day long
    get the point a bit?

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdeath
    stfu.... oh wait, I have to say Shut the **** up
    @_@ That wasn't very nice...

Aside from that, Forums aren't really meant to be formal, or at least not in my opinion. I always thought AO was a community website, you know like we're all close knit (no i can see reality so please don't say i'm on crack... IM NOT ON CRACK!!!) type community. Anyways that's my opinion, if you can't read my stuff then don't read it. ^_^;

Most of all the last thing i want to do in a forum called the Plush Room is act like i'm talking to my english teacher, thanks and have a nice day.

Oh yeah, j00 f00z m3 5k1llz 0wnz02 y0u.
    Last edited by Rou; Nov 03, 2004 at 02:20 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast