Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Grief... what happened to Grammar?!

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yea um, besides the whole people who dont speak english as their first language thing, why should we be forced to write correctly??

posting is only a few programs different from aim.. we dont have to rite cor3ctly 2 say wht w3 want 2 say.

4 xample if i dnt feel like nding a setenSe da rit way, i

The end is important in all things.

Newbie Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody's Avatar
    Thanks
    The only grammer issue that really bothers me is run-ons. Like I've seen what would be a paragraph put into one long sentance. Now it's just harder to get a point across when it's like that, because in my head it's like I'm running out of breath wondering where the sentance will end and a new thought begins. So when I find posts like that I have to read them like 3 times just to find out the sentance. It's like:

So I had this dog that I got from my mom and we named him Chip he was a cool dog and we played fetch a lot but then one day he got hit by a car I was sad and so was my family then one day after he died we went to a pet store and bought a gold fish he had bumps in his head and we thought he was cool when we took him home--

OH THE INSANTIY!
    I gotta get that cotton ball off my butt.
    I <3 T3H MONK3H!!!

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou
    @_@ That wasn't very nice...

Aside from that, Forums aren't really meant to be formal, or at least not in my opinion. I always thought AO was a community website, you know like we're all close knit (no i can see reality so please don't say i'm on crack... IM NOT ON CRACK!!!) type community. Anyways that's my opinion, if you can't read my stuff then don't read it. ^_^;

Most of all the last thing i want to do in a forum called the Plush Room is act like i'm talking to my english teacher, thanks and have a nice day.

Oh yeah, j00 f00z m3 5k1llz 0wnz02 y0u.
    your on crack.

Newbie Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bad grammer doesn't bother me much, it does annoy me sometimes when some people spell words like they sound instead of how it is suppose to be spelled, because it's different and it takes a second to sink into my head.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that about summed up the feeling of most of the people here.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yep I dont have the best spelling or grammar but if I know your a grammar Nazi I make a point to spell check and call you on any mistake. No madder how small the mistake is. Or simpely if your a dick about spelling and grammar I'm gonna do everything to piss you off.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Otaku Shadow_Dude may be famous one day Shadow_Dude may be famous one day Shadow_Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well the bad grammer really doesnt bother me that much.
    but some one typing something over and over when its
    spelled work, it gets to be a bit annoying

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    It's not that bad usually, no one is perfect and usually no one keeps a dictonary next to them while they post. Don't be such a wuss. Just imagine what english teachers put up with. They actually have to read HANDWRITING and still figure out wtf some people are saying.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast