Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Good Grief... what happened to Grammar?!

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aside from the foreign people in here, grammar was lost at the same time as people wanted to marry a gent or lady. Lol.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael
    Ooooo, that was a long time ago, two hundred hundred years.
    Yes, but that is the norm. (A Norman Knight trying to make a date with a Saxon barmaid.) It's all about communication. The English language didn't stabalize until someone created a dictionary (three someones actually but that's another subject). Before that people spelled things anyway they wanted. A dictionary has slowed down the "evolution" but hasn't stopped it. 3-10 new words are added each year to Websters, and unless you buy the Unabridged Dictionary (a two volume set with tiny writting) definitions will be adjusted as well to reflect common usage. Lets not forget the fact that Canada and Britian use a diferent dictionary then we do. Different definations and spelling entirely.

Communicating on the internet has created new challenges. One is that it's just so _ easy to hit the wrong key while typing and no matter how many times you spell check you can still miss things. Another is that writing and grammer was devolped to communcate intellectual writings or bussiness. Unless you want to sound like your giving a disertation, writing on the net will be different. (Yeah, I know, pot meet kettle.) Another problem is the attempt to display emotions and feelings. Emoticons help, but often one simply has to write differently to get ones point across, and that means breaking a few rules. And lastly lets not forget that sometimes people just don't have the time to check everything before hitting send.

Either way, chill. The important thing is whether someone gets their point across and nothing is more annoying then a Grammer/Spelling Nazi.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Either way, chill. The important thing is whether someone gets their point across and nothing is more annoying then a Grammer/Spelling Nazi.
    Hey, now... that's offensive! I would prefer that you call me a Communist, rather than a Nazi. Nazis are just so... evil!

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Says who? Besides... it's a valid topic and people are posting on it. I'm not saying that they have to change the way people post, I'm just pointing out the correct way to speak English.
    Says Who? Well I do said so, and like this thread its a case closed... The point of this thread has being acomnplished so no need to go over and over the same argument...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8