Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Google Taking over the world

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Google Taking over the world

I was browsing the DeviantART forums, and I found this thread. While, more then likely, this was ment as a gag, some interesting points were raised.

Found at http://forum.deviantart.com/devart/general/370836/

At first look, they are just a harmless internet search tool. Then you notice, they have a shopping search, a image search. Now you look deeper into their website, they have TV search, blogs, maps, desktop search, Webmail... with 1gig and search functions, photo tools, translators, news groups, and you can even give up some processor power to aid in reaserch.
    Although this isnt all that they are doing, they want to database each and every book in existance sometime in the future.
    Now i am not a rocket scientest, but i can see into their plan. They want to know each and every little thing EVER.
    All this information, will turn them into the smartest entity in the world. It is known that with information, comes strength.
    Imagine a world, with Google Gaurds. The use of the word Yahoo, in any form will be outlawed. MSN, will become a underground blackmarket search tool.
    WE ALL WILL BE FORCED TO WEAR WHITE SHIRTS, AND MULTI COLORED PANTS!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!
    How has Google changed the internet? For better or forworse? Can you imagine doing a school paper with out using Google? Are you a Gmail account owner?

Hell, I use google to solve my everyday computer problems, get answers to triva questions, hell, its spell checker is better then the one in MS Office.

Concidering the quote "Knowledge is power, power currupts", Just what is Googles Plan?

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks
    thats bull the site just gives good info and sites who ever wrote thats quite strange if u ask me the guys who own google dont even care about there billions and still drive there old cars and live in there old homes they hardly even spend there money and r not anti anything as far as I know

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm... i'd like to have all the knowledge in the world... >_< YES.

ok, i don't think that google is going to take over the world just yet.... but it could happen im not denying that!.. but if google does take over the world im going to work for them...
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    There already is an entity that knows everything......theyre called the N.S.A, come to think of it....theyre probably the ones who created google. That would make sense wouldnt it...

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    don't know about you but, it helped my do my homeworks

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    You all might want to watch this: http://www.broom.org/epic/

its pretty creepy.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Oooh conspiracy theories! GoogleZon owns the world!
    Yummie...
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 11, 2005 at 03:32 PM.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha... A funny and interesting read... But yet it proves a point... Yes, I myself am google dependent... I search almost anything using it... Research, homework, images, music, anything to do with searching and surfing, I leave to Google... But, no I'm not a Gmail owner...

I highly doubt that Google has any plans of world domination or the sort though... It's clearly a very effective tool that strives to give convenience... Another product of this technologically advancing age of ours... "Google: Product of Innovation"... Sounds so commercial, doesn't it? ^^;;;

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast