Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: goth?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: goth?

Quote Originally Posted by deaths_raver667
    thanks, i don't intend to just be a goth and listen purely to that style of music, i'm just interested in what propper goth stuff is like. i doubt it's what i really like... david bwie and queen.
    That's the thing about stereotypes/labels: Bowie is classified as "glam" and Queen is pop-rock (?) but anyone I ever met who might be considered "goth" liked and listened to both. I'd say "Ziggy Stardust" and "Queen II" respectively.

If you really like something, I wouldn't give it up for a "new lifestyle" unless that was very important to you. I agree with most everyone here that "goth" as a lifestyle/trend/fad may be dead but plenty of people are still moody and wear black. It's human nature to want to be accepted by a clique; if some incarnation of "goth" works, feel free to experiement. Just don't sacrifice your inner self for it.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sukotsu9
    I agree with most everyone here that "goth" as a lifestyle/trend/fad may be dead but plenty of people are still moody and wear black.

actually i've found that in england atleast it's making quiet a come back and i've also found even though it's never been as large as that first burst there has always been a fair few goths out there.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie witchywoman136 may be famous one day witchywoman136 may be famous one day witchywoman136's Avatar
    Thanks

I listen to nothing but heavy metal, my closet looks like a black hole, I love vampire movies, I tend to be a loner, and I am a wiccan. I have always been this way, it's just how I am. I'm not rebelling, trying to follow a stupid trend, or trying to freak anyone out. I don't really put myself into any kind of catagory. I'm just me and thats it.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to close this because no one is even bothering to read what the thread is about. The guy wanted suggestions on gothic-style music, not to have a big love-in about how all you posers "don't label yourself."
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4