View Poll Results: Is Government REALLY being fair?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 26.09%
  • No

10 43.48%
  • Prefer not to answer

6 26.09%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about!!!

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Government Lies

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Government Lies

Okay I got a question....how come government lies a lot? Since I'm a senior this year, I have to take an American Government class and today we were discussing the Principles of the Constitution...Well my question is, if their is Limited Govt, and they say that the people hold the power, then how come whenever we want something done the government doesn't do it? I think that gov't is abusing it's power...By the way how come they say America is the land of the free? I mean they say we have the right to choose our own religion and we have the right of the press and we can get married to whoever we want but have any of you noticed that when the press writes something wrong about someone they are sued? Or how come if we can marry whoever we want gay marriages are not allowed? In my opinion we don't really have a lot of freedom I mean they are limiting and basically controlling what we can and can't do. Oh also how come if you say something good about the government you are considered a patriot but if you say something bad about it you're considered a radical, which by the way radical is only a nice word for terrorist....So what do you guys agree and disagree about the government?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Government Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    Okay I got a question....how come government lies a lot? Since I'm a senior this year, I have to take an American Government class and today we were discussing the Principles of the Constitution...Well my question is, if their is Limited Govt, and they say that the people hold the power, then how come whenever we want something done the government doesn't do it? I think that gov't is abusing it's power...By the way how come they say America is the land of the free? I mean they say we have the right to choose our own religion and we have the right of the press and we can get married to whoever we want but have any of you noticed that when the press writes something wrong about someone they are sued? Or how come if we can marry whoever we want gay marriages are not allowed? In my opinion we don't really have a lot of freedom I mean they are limiting and basically controlling what we can and can't do. Oh also how come if you say something good about the government you are considered a patriot but if you say something bad about it you're considered a radical, which by the way radical is only a nice word for terrorist....So what do you guys agree and disagree about the government?
    I think everything you pretty much said is true. The government does say land of the free, but they control us. If there were no laws or rules, then we would be free, but we should have decent rules to prevent bad stuff from happening. The land of the free stuff is probably an advertisement. If you wanted to, you could go to some other country to start a new life if you wanted to.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Government Lies

Heck no! My island is sinkin beacouse of Bush and my own government but without it there will be no free land.Now hospitals are a buisnes no money die .
    Last edited by Suzy; Sep 12, 2005 at 05:49 PM.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

When you say "the government" you paint with a large brush. You must remember the "the government" is made up of individuals and each has their own oppinion. The trick in voting is finding those canidates that agree with your views and will vote how you would vote, that's why it's a representitive government. There are those in government that are good and those that are bad...but that also depends on your point of view. Saying that the enitre government lies does not take into account the individuals who do not. Does the government lie? Yes, sometimes they do...and no, sometimes they don't...and sometimes it's at the same time. That's why we have three co-equal branches of government. And they can say diffrent things at the same time. WElcome to polotics in America.

The power of government lies in the people, no matter what you may belive. Yes, much of what you say can and has happened but 'voter rebellions' have happened before and will happen again. As much power as a politician has, he is still a representive of the people. If he acts poorly, those he represents may decide that he is not fit for office.

Take Gary Condit for example. His affair and lack of truthfulnes in the Chandra Levey case cost him his representitve seat. No ammount of political power could save him from his constituates. They felt his actions were discraceful and removed him from office in the next election.

Look at Grey Davis. He mismanaged California into massive debt then saddled them with a huge power bill and power blunder...Arnold now sits in his seat of power because of it.

That is the freedom we cherrish so much. Ask Cubains if it's possible to 'vote out' Castrol? We have a lot of personal and political freedom that many in the world can't even imagine.

Cheza, it's not that radicals are disagreeing wtih the government that lables them as radicals. It's how they say it. Many great patriots have disagreed with the government, some of them becoming senators and representitives later in life. Besides, being a radical is not the sole proprity of the left. Look at Pat Roberts and his 'assassination' comments or Michael Savage (right-wing shock jock). Both of them are members of the republican party I really wish I would move more to the center so I wouldn't politicly have to associate with them.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy
    Heck no! My island is sinkin beacouse of Bush and my own government but without it there will be no free land.Now hospitals are a buisnes no money die .
    It's true what Suzy said. In PR there is no actual tax system. We don't pay taxes but because of that there is no money. The U.S. doesn't help out and PR just goes down in flames.

The reason why the Government is so bad is because of all the politics. There is too much arguing on what to do that it takes too long for thing to get done.

If you really think about the freedom subject, I think we took it too far. When the law was passed we took one step forward. Then another and another. And it was ok. But now we have taken so many steps there has to be a limit. We took it too far I guess they lawmakers of who created freedom of speech didn't think we would go as far as we have. I think the laws are outdated and need to be revised.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Government Lies

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    I think everything you pretty much said is true. The government does say land of the free, but they control us. If there were no laws or rules, then we would be free, but we should have decent rules to prevent bad stuff from happening. The land of the free stuff is probably an advertisement. If you wanted to, you could go to some other country to start a new life if you wanted to.
    I agree with what your saying and agree to when it comes to rules and laws but to lie to people saying they are free is just wrong....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    meh... comments...
    - everybody's a hypocrite
    - there's nothing wrong with the government, it's just the people running the government
    the gov't is like a car and the people behind the wheel drank one too many beers
    - everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has a right to be a critic or an asshole
    and the gov't is like a little kid who always uses the same comeback for everything
    "YOU..YOU..YOU TERRORIST!!"
    the whole "you're either with us or against us" gung-ho attitude
    heh, don't we just kick ass

oh, and...
    freedom doesn't really exist in this world
    as long as we live, wherever we go,
    we will always be tethered down to the world and its laws
    death is true freedom
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 12, 2005 at 06:19 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    It's true what Suzy said. In PR there is no actual tax system. We don't pay taxes but because of that there is no money. The U.S. doesn't help out and PR just goes down in flames.

The reason why the Government is so bad is because of all the politics. There is too much arguing on what to do that it takes too long for thing to get done.

If you really think about the freedom subject, I think we took it too far. When the law was passed we took one step forward. Then another and another. And it was ok. But now we have taken so many steps there has to be a limit. We took it too far I guess they lawmakers of who created freedom of speech didn't think we would go as far as we have. I think the laws are outdated and need to be revised.
    RIGHT ON BROTHER!!! I agree with what your saying, but I mean if the forefathers of this country would've at least thought of the years to come and how society would change, wouldn't this country be better??

As for what you wrote about taking our rights too far I also agree with you. I mean people don't really appreciate what they got...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast