Thread: Graphics Cards (Half Life 2)

Newbie TotheEnd may be famous one day TotheEnd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Graphics Cards (Half Life 2)

OK, I'm runnin a NvidiaTNT64. I know that is super old. I think that is the reason I can't play Half LIfe 2. Now, my cousins pc is running a Nvidia Geforce2. She doesn't use it cuz she doesn't play pc games. Is it hard to remove hers and replace it with mine and mine in hers? Can i get some guidelines or instructions? and geforce2 is better than tnt64 right?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

A Geforce2 is better then a TNT card, but not by much, (and you still won't be able to play Half Life 2, which is best with a native DX9 graphic hardware card, a GeForce3/GeForce4 MX is about the minimum graphic hardware you can get away with)...

And this belongs in the Tech Forum.... Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Actually,if your card supports DirectX 8 (which I think a GeForce 2 does) you can play Half-Life 2. I've played HL2 with a GeForce 4 which supports only up to the DirectX 8 features. It just won't use all the nicer features of DirectX 9 that Half-Life 2 can use. I have no idea what those features are though. The performance wasn't great either. So, you can do it yes, but not recommended. And if the rest of your system is from around the same time as a TNT64 you just aren't going to have the horsepower to play HL 2. It's fairly CPU intensive since it has to do all those nice physics calculations.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    it's not hard, just tedious. a better idea might be to go out and buy yourself a totaly rockin video card and all problems will resolve

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"