Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great Idea

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Great Idea

I have a great suggestion. You guys should close threads that are older than two weeks to keep them from resurecting. I think that might take up to much of your time, but its still something to think about, if it tickles your interest. Just thought that might help solve one problem. (I'd be more than happy to be in charge of closing them! I'd be so grateful and would dedicate my life to AO.)

What I'm watching Right Now:

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's a nice suggestion, but in all honesty it's not really necessary. The amount of dead threads that get resurrected, on average, is fairly small -definitely NOT enough to warrant closing all of the older threads. If people would read the rules before going on a merry posting spree, things would be easier, but we all know how much THAT is done.

Also, Marcel_C, there is an unwritten policy around here that says, "if you ask to be a mod you will never become one." Just some friendly advice.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks
    OMG I am really sorry! NOOO! just screwed my chance. SORRY! I just seen alot of resurrected threads and I thought it was a problem. Really sorry!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Calm down, calm down. Didn't you see the smiley? It's all good.

We experimented with the idea once a while back when we were going through a rash of resurrections. We determined it was a whole lot easier to ban the offenders rather than close buttloads of thread. Ban a few people and the rest fall in line real fast.
    Clan? What Clan?

Thanks
    Oh ok. PHEW! *wipes sweat from forehead* I had a feeling I shouldn't have asked, but I was just getting to excited about the idea of being an AO staff member. Really Sorry Still! I'll never ever ever ask again.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, there's always pruning...but ZQ (too lazy to type zui) is right i guess

and marcel_c why not ask being an admin instead heh, no rules against that

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    True, we don't have a policy against asking to be an admin. Believe me, Marcel, when we finally get around to having a forum archives your name is at the top of the list for being that section's moderator.
    Clan? What Clan?

Thanks
    No I don't want to push my luck. Already put one foot in my mouth, I need the other one to hop to the hospital to get this other leg surgically removed. (really didn't make that one funny, sorry I try to hard) Big Smiles

Really!? Cool! Thanks Very Very Much! Oh Happy Day!
    Last edited by Marcel_C; Mar 08, 2005 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Someone replyed before me had to change this so i can talk to him

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast