Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Final Fantasy

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Greatest Final Fantasy

No, not your favorite Final Fantasy, I really mean, which do you believe is the very best in the Final Fantasy series? I'd have to give my vote to FF7. The graphics were top notch (at the time), the music was and is fantastic, and the storyline remains, in my opinion, unequaled. I mean, FF8 had something to do with some evil gardeners or something like that (yes, I am taking a cheap shot at SEED), and FF9 got crappy when you went to an alien planet. (Don't get me wrong, FF9 is still my favorite FF, but like I said, this is about the greatest FF) FF7, however, kept me enthralled and entertained from beginning to end.

As for gameplay, I thought both the materia system and the limit break system of FF7 were excellently done. Both the previous and future FFs always seemed to be lacking in this department, but maybe I just haven't found all the right nuances of them yet... As for the battles themselves, FF7 doesn't really have anything special over the others, but definitely isn't lacking either.

Well, yeah, I guess that's the reasoning behind my vote.

So, how about it? Any more votes for 7? Or do you have reason to believe another FF installment is the greatest?

Banned Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well to be honest, i find VIII the greatest of them all. It felt more matured, more realistic and had the best music. On terms of story i think VIII had more depht then the others. Especcialy the rivalry between Squall and Seifer was even more interesting then between Cloud and Sephiroth.

When i played the game, it almost felt like i was a soldier (Squall) and needed to grow stronger and rank up (SeeD level). Those buttons combination during Limits Break was enjoyable and even hard to do. Also i think they worked out those summoned creatures (GF) the best in VIII.

The card game in VIII was really entertaining unlike IX, you could win cards and trade them for items. Searching the whole world for the right cards and it didn't even got me bored to be fair.

To be short VIII is the greatest FF of them all, but it isn't my favourite FF game to play.
    Last edited by Kikinaki; Apr 09, 2005 at 03:20 PM.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    VII

Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd
    As for gameplay, I thought both the materia system and the limit break system of FF7 were excellently done. Both the previous and future FFs always seemed to be lacking in this department, but maybe I just haven't found all the right nuances of them yet... As for the battles themselves, FF7 doesn't really have anything special over the others, but definitely isn't lacking either.
    exactly.

there's no beating that.
    and maybe IX ... but honestly. VII.
    Last edited by mamimi_rue; Apr 09, 2005 at 03:21 PM.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I haven't played FF7 yet to say it's the best, so but I was impressed with what I saw.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    personally, i have a very close tie with FF6 and FF7. The depth that was given to the characters in both games was trully amazing, and it got to the point where u cared about them, even the bad guys (Kefka & Sephiroth). And the stories behind each one was nearly perfect. But I have to say that FF6 edges out FF7 cause of the way the characters could learn every single magic yet still remain really unique with almost nothing in common with the other ones.
    Evil is actually in my job description

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Final fantasy 4.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Final Fantasy 8 had better character designs, but no one can beat the story of 7.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My pic for greatest Final Fantasy game was the black sheep of the series, Final Fantasy Tactics. It wasn't really as popular as the other games since it was definately a lot more different than the typical Final Fantasy title. Instead of the traditional turn-based or real-time battle systems, Tactics featured Turn-Based Strategy that still can't be touched to this very day.

One thing that I loved about the gameplay engine of Tactics was that it was very easy to pick up and engaging enough to keep you amused till the end of the game. The job system is still the best to date and it beats out Final Fantasy Tactics Advances' (and most others) by a mile.
    Too cool for a sig.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast