Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Final Fantasy

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm gonna have to agree with you. FFVII was the first FF game I've ever played and the best I ever played. I love the story and the action. It is my favorite game and personally I think the best FF game ever.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikinaki
    Kinda odd why no one mentions FFX.
    I would actually place that second to IX. Again not my favorite; but it had a great combat system, awsome graphics, well developed world and cultures, solid story line, and incredible music. The Blitzball sidegame was well thought out as well. I didn't play it (I usually don't bother with sidegames) but my friends that did said it was their favorite sidegame of all the FF's. My only problem with it was the Hawiian influence in the "island" feel of the game. It took FOREVER to pick up and get moving. Having a brother-in-law who lived in Hawii for 2 years however I understood the feel the were going for and believe they suceeded admirably. It's just not for me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie hoppi may be famous one day hoppi may be famous one day hoppi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    My pic for greatest Final Fantasy game was the black sheep of the series, Final Fantasy Tactics. It wasn't really as popular as the other games since it was definately a lot more different than the typical Final Fantasy title. Instead of the traditional turn-based or real-time battle systems, Tactics featured Turn-Based Strategy that still can't be touched to this very day.

One thing that I loved about the gameplay engine of Tactics was that it was very easy to pick up and engaging enough to keep you amused till the end of the game. The job system is still the best to date and it beats out Final Fantasy Tactics Advances' (and most others) by a mile.
    i agree, but i see it another way, its kinda like an advanced form of chess, in where your pieces acutually show their attacks, in that, your pieces also have moves that can require magic if so desired, on a somewhat chess board type field. thus makeing it kind of like chess, but more advanced, but just like chess, no one game is ever repeated or ever the same

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I'll say FF3 on the old NES.

But for the recent, I tough of FFIIX as the best for multiple reasons. The magic learning technic is da best and take is origin from the 3 of the serie . Also the game story also take is story about Gaïa in a way that I love. 2 world.... (to not spoil I say Nothing More).

And I should say, That Garnet waas the first FFGirl to break my heart. =DAMN PIXELS.... !!!! second should be Yuna but this is another story.....
    Coming soon.........

Newbie Sairo may be famous one day Sairo may be famous one day Sairo's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd have to say this is the hardest question i've ever been asked...game wise that is.....anyways thinking about it my favorite is 7 and it was the best of its time...however looking at all the games the best is going to be FFVIII when it comes down to it.

Card game was excellent (way better then IX), way to get weapons aactually had you doing stuff and finding things instead of just being like ya i have money take it and give me weapon. The GFs having abilities to learn is an excellent feature to the game. Story was great IMO, earning money through your seed rank was another great feature. It kept people from killing monsters constantly to earn money and unless you cheated on the tests you had to be somewhat familiar with the game to go up in rank to earn more money.

Character devlopement was superb in all aspects...and last time i checked none of the other FFs allowed you to summon a huge tonberry that when it stabbed something had a voice bubble show up with the word doink in it...can't beat it. Can't really think of much else so neh.

In short FFVIII is the best out of them all IMO.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Ffvii

Final Fantasy VII was the most well done given the time period that it was released in. This is partly because it was the first on the PSone so everyone was blown away by the graphics. Most of all though, it's because of Seperoth.

Newbie GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI's Avatar
    Thanks
    it has to be FF7 all the way. i agree with the fact that they all have their +'s and -'s but 7 was, and always will be #1 on the charts and #1 in our hearts.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

!?

This is an impossible question as each is great however none are perfect; nothing before VII bares mention, as that would be like bringing pacman in here.

VII had me at first, the game play was great and the story had me hooked add super challenging bosses (Weapons will kick butt forever) and what could go wrong!? A pansy of a lead character you say!? Cloud turned out to be a p-o-s-e-r!? Pretending to be someone he wasn't isn’t cool, why would you do to your lead man now in my mind how could he ever beat Sephiroth, and the ending please. What the heck? Plus was he with Tifa or Aeris hmm a player pimp! At least he had 1 good quality right? LoL. (Glad the sequel is on Vincent!)

VIII (my pick as best) was all around the best, interesting the entire way through plus did anyone notice the inside out body dangling from underneath the final boss? Use Toneberry King and pause, I swear it is there. Card Game was fun, game play was not up to pare with VII (Lionheart or Omnislash debate was born) but good enough and Characters where all great.

IX, man what awesome CG my favorite of all the series, just loves CG of Odin, awesome story (vivi is the man) but this was the most boring of all the FF games ever to play, I hated the game play...I realize it was basically the same (no where as good but similar) as the previous versions however that style of play is really worn-out and quite boring at this point!

X was great if for nothing else but the ability to switch out characters in battle! I didn't have to waste an additional 30 hours leveling up the other characters I got in the game, story was solid but not great, the sphere grid was nice as it allowed you to tailor the characters to what you want. BLITZBALL!! Who needs Madden? I can’t rank this game the best as though it was good, it was just wasn’t the best. Maybe if it had Sephiroth….ya know the sequal for VII should have had Sephiroth as the lead. Now that would have been a game.

X-2.......who was this game made for? Oh yeah those who wanted the ending that should have been in X, blah…Via Infinito was fun but there really isn't anything more to say.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Apr 12, 2005 at 07:35 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast