Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Final Fantasy

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Myuh

yeah, my vote too has to go for FFVII
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    i give my very vote to FF7

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd
    No, not your favorite Final Fantasy, I really mean, which do you believe is the very best in the Final Fantasy series? I'd have to give my vote to FF7. The graphics were top notch (at the time), the music was and is fantastic, and the storyline remains, in my opinion, unequaled. I mean, FF8 had something to do with some evil gardeners or something like that (yes, I am taking a cheap shot at SEED), and FF9 got crappy when you went to an alien planet. (Don't get me wrong, FF9 is still my favorite FF, but like I said, this is about the greatest FF) FF7, however, kept me enthralled and entertained from beginning to end.

As for gameplay, I thought both the materia system and the limit break system of FF7 were excellently done. Both the previous and future FFs always seemed to be lacking in this department, but maybe I just haven't found all the right nuances of them yet... As for the battles themselves, FF7 doesn't really have anything special over the others, but definitely isn't lacking either.

Well, yeah, I guess that's the reasoning behind my vote.

So, how about it? Any more votes for 7? Or do you have reason to believe another FF installment is the greatest?
    I second with u on that case..i think FF7 was the best of its time and best of the entire series...amazing theme plots and surprises...cool materia system and battle system too...id go with FF7

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I won't say FF9 is the greatest (Even though its my favourite of all!!!!!), but I guess FF8 would have to make the cut. FF7 just didn't appeal to me that much.

FF8!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI's Avatar
    Thanks
    didnt appeal? then u were playing the wrong game. dude, PM me if u have any real PROOF thet 7 wasn't the best......i am open to a challenge

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    Well, I won't say FF9 is the greatest (Even though its my favourite of all!!!!!), but I guess FF8 would have to make the cut. FF7 just didn't appeal to me that much.

FF8!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll second that, FFVII didn't appeal to me much either.

The section in the prison under Goldsaucer was agonizingly long and dull, I didn't much care for any of the characters, and the side quests drove me batty (need I mention that I couldn't stand Barrett).

On the pro-side the graphics were revolutionary and the first moment when you leave Midgar makes you feel truly insignificant. Unfortuantly those two points simply did not make up for the rest of the game. When playing it for the first time I was heard to comment more then once that it just didn't measure up to Chronotrigger (yes, Chronotrigger).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to say FFVII was the best for me. THe musics is what I like about ithe game and the minigames. Tactics is also one of my fav cause characters can change jobs and it was totally soemthing different from all the FF games.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks
    The best final fantasy game is 7 without a shadow of a doubt. It has the best characters, music, and story line of the series. Although the graphics were weak but it doesn't even matter once you start playing the game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast