Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Greatest miyazaki film

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus
    thanks hassun. that site is brilliant!
    Just don't base all your future 'must and must not sees' on that site.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whew. I've just had a reality slapper. I never knew Miyazaki did "Kiki's Delivery Service". That is by far my favorite. Every time I watch it I cry.
    Seduced by Flesh

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

By reputation, the only significant Miyazaki movies that has yet to be US Region 1 released in a uncut form is 'My Neighbor Totoro' (which was release as part of a double header with 'Graves of the Fireflies') and the newly released film 'Howl's Moving Castle', which has made so much in the Japanese Box Office that it has only been surpassed by 'Spirited Away'. Until these two Movies get released in uncut form, it would be hard to judge what is the greatest of the Miyazaki films...

And if you end up liking 'Perfect Blue', you should try 'Mellennium Actress' and 'Tokyo Godfathers', both movies were runners up for the best animation film Oscar Award and done by the same director Satoshi Kon, and his first Anime TV series 'Paranoia Agent'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Just don't base all your future 'must and must not sees' on that site.
    oh i won't. i as a kid working his way through the remainder of his english literature major, i have found that subjectivity is a large part of it all, in any case whether it be film, literature, art, whatever. thank you though for the help. much appreciated.

barnabus

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    And if you end up liking 'Perfect Blue', you should try 'Mellennium Actress' and 'Tokyo Godfathers', both movies were runners up for the best animation film Oscar Award and done by the same director Satoshi Kon, and his first Anime TV series 'Paranoia Agent'...
    thanks LenMiyata. i have seen both 'millenium actress' and 'tokyo godfathers' just perusing through the anime section of bestbuy. i have been tempted to buy both. i didn't realize they were both oscar nominated. that is great.

i am actually watching 'princess mononoke' right now with my brother. he insisted. i suppose perfect blue will have to be postponed for later on in the weekend.

barnabus

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    The only Miyazaki creation I've been given the chance to watch is Future Boy Conan, a classic anime with a simple but exceptionally warm story. It's one of my faves, and I recommend it if you're into classic animes. Too bad, that all I've seen.

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've never heard of future boy conan. thanks for the info. i'll look it up.

barnabus

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah, I forgot to mention that Future Boy Conan is not a movie, it's an anime series! Sorry

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Miyazaki is one of the best artists in the animation world today. His dream and brilliance is just astounding, and everything he dreams up is pure gold. I think that all of his works far surpass any anime series that exists in the world today. So choosing one out of some just wouldn't do it because in essence, they all portray such a deep level of life and living that only life can give a man. His experiences and his life have given him fantastic oppertunities to overcome the pitfall of many people. "ie: the same story or kind of plot" This makes Miyazaki one of my favorite artists in the anime business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast