Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ground-breaking music

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ground-breaking music

Well this thread is about "ground-breaking songs" hence the title, but lemme explain about it first....

1.) This is not a "your favourite" thread
    2.) Any post must have a controbution, no "yeah thats a good song"

Anyway now that thats out of the way, in your post say as many songs as you want but you have to explain why they are "ground-breaking", it does'nt have to be a song that caused a huge movement or anything but a song that was groundbreaking for you in some way, or got you thinking about something and really made you feel something.....

So....I've only got one song that I can think of at the moment that made an impact on me, and it's Youth of the nation by P.O.D, this was important to me because I heard it just as two of my friends died from suicide and it made me think about things, and it helped me through it so.....Anyone else got one? Or more?

P.S. (To the MODs) I did a search for a thread like this and I couldnt find one, but if this is a dupicate then feel free to close it.

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ground-breaking music

this song was ground breaking to me because when i finally payed attention to the lyrics it felt like they were mine. It's my life by Bon Jovi

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha Franklin.

Come on? Every woman's anthem. This song is just beautiful and should be sung to a lot of men.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Einherjer may be famous one day Einherjer may be famous one day Einherjer's Avatar
    Thanks

Like every teenager I was going through some bullshit angsty phase that began due in part to my moving from Tejas to Maryland and leaving all my dawgs behind in the lone star state. I guess what really caused it to fester was how cruel and dastardly highschoolers can be coupled with the pretension of the AP/IB kids I was herded from class to class with. I just wanted to feel something real and not phony.

Honestly, If it weren't for heavy metal I have no idea what I would've done. I'd probably be dead by now along with a few others ala murder-suicide.

No, it wasn't that bad. I was being a run of the mill emofag.

I guess the song that really got me through that period was Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Aside from the aggresive livliness of the song, for me the lyrics basically meant you're going to go through some bullshit but it's better to go through it than calling it quits, cuz then you can go and spit on the grave of everyone that caused trouble for you.

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks

Aerosmith: Dream On. This song sota established the fact that rock was more than just heavy metal back in the 80s. It expressed the true meaning of rock. It changed the game.
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i wouldn't necessarily say it was just one song, but the Woodstock set of Jimi Hendrix performing with his band was probably one of the biggest turning points in music as far as i'm concerned,you see....even though there we're many great guitarists back in that era, Hendrix really just pushed the envelope for experimenting and going that extra mile with his music, and when he hit that mutilating solo during the "Star Spangled Banner / Purple Haze" combination people were literally dumbfounded, so many people in the crowd never knew it was possible to get sounds out of a guitar like that. So to me....after Woodstock, i think musical creativity had a new direction thanx to Mr. Hendrix's performance.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hrmm... Groundbreaking music? Well, the band that changed my perception of all music was Tool. Their music was different in comparison to a lot of the crap of the time, and it got me hooked on something other than anime music.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

This is just one of the questions that makes me wish I had a good memory because I'm sure there are a lot of songs that were 'ground-breaking' to me, but I don't remember them all.

However, one was 'Gravity of Love' by Enigma. It just left me in awe and stirred emotions in me that will always inspire me - with writing or anything else - I first heard it when I was watching an AMV for Revoultionary Girl Utena: The Movie. It just took my breath away.

There are others, like I said, but I cannot remember. If I do, I'll come back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast