Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Grudge

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks
    i hate to disagree with those who enjoyed this movie but i found it extremely unscary.....the theater was full of kids [thanks to the PG rating]
    if your gonna make a SCARY MOVIE MAKE IT 18A. every little thing that happen all the 15 years olds would scream and it wasnt even scary. mind you there were some good jumps in the movie but that aside i'm sick of seeing sarah michelle gellar in horror flicks time to pass on the torch to someone else.

if you cant get in to other good horror movies this is a half decent movie that just didnt do it for me.check it out an dsee what you think.

Newbie EverQuestJunky may be famous one day EverQuestJunky may be famous one day
    Thanks
    How did it not have a story or plot? A family is butchered by the husband / father. The son is forever in torment. And the mother, had a unfullfilled love and desire for her teacher, who commited suicide the day after the murders. Its a tragic story and the plot is thick enough to say, its better than most recent American directed horror flicks that are good for a one time movie rental and cheap laughs.

Newbie HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero's Avatar
    An awful place with mean people known as South Florida
    Thanks
    I really, really liked this movie and honestly, I don't take much stock in scary movies. My friend forced me to see this one and I ended up loving it. I liked it because it was a clever scary. It wasn't like goblins jumping out and going 'boo!' scary, it was a 'hey, that's really sorta weird and freaky' scary, like The Ring. Some parts of the movie were really funny, like in one scene where the guy (the one the Japanese woman was in love with) found Toshio [sp?] and he heard the weird cat noises and is looking around and Toshio's in the background going 'mwaahhhhhhh' and the guy doesn't even notice. Or when the Japanese woman ghost thing attacks the woman in her bed. *sighes after laughing* Yeah, I really liked this movie but I understand what people are saying about the storyline. Some things were left rather unanswered but I guess that's for the viewer to piece together in their own time.

Newbie Zimmerman may be famous one day Zimmerman may be famous one day Zimmerman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ju-on Was a scary movie, my g/f said she perfers the japanese one better, but maybe it was because she knew what was already going to happen. I thought it was really cool how they made those little difference I.E. Yoko I thought that was really cool, the grudge still had me jump at parts even though ive seen it before. I'm just glad that Takashi Shimizu (Original Director Of Ju-on) Worked on it, so the story didnt get all messed up. I just wonder if the'll make the sequel also, cause i remember seeing that and i was very disappointed.

Newbie ariark may be famous one day ariark may be famous one day ariark's Avatar
    Thanks
    i really want to watch still havent had a chance yet...but the first Ju On wasnt that scary... except the one in the toilet which is soo freaking and the one with security video... but i find the last Ju On.. very Scary and the ghost make that weird freaky sound soooo loud...

Newbie Chojin may be famous one day Chojin may be famous one day Chojin's Avatar
    Thanks
    just got finished watching this. really scary watching on my own this late, hard to stop myself pressing the pause button :P

not much i'd find that bad, but it was done quite well with realistic scares, unlike most stuff. first scene in the attic was best

may take a look at the original. i saw both rings, but didn't find either of them amazing tbh, didnt appeal to me.
    Locked Inside Your Mind || Vinyl || Journal

Newbie kanki may be famous one day kanki may be famous one day kanki's Avatar
    Thanks
    haven't seen the remake, but original Japanese Juon, yes.
    kinda special if u ask me, the movie is divided into chapters, and victims' names are the title.
    i dun understand the final part there. when the heroine sees the ghost claws her way from upstairs towards the heroine. and when the gal covers her face with her hands, peeping out.

We are all rowing the boat of fate
    The waves keep on coming and we can’t escape
    But if we ever get lost on our way
    The waves will guide you through another day

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Brunette
    I loved the movie, scariest movie I have ever seen. I really liked how the scenes moved back and fourth through time. When I went to see it in the theaters, about 6 or 7 people left during the movie. Guess they got too creeped out.
    Heheh, I had the same thing happen when I went to see the movie. It was hilarious. Someone from the back called out "Hah! Stick a fork in 'em, they're done!" when they scurried out of the theatre. It was funny.

This movie is really good. The director did a good job bringing it from a Japanese acceptable movie to a more American acceptable movie. I really liked this movie, and it reminded me of why I'm a pussy when it comes to horror movies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast