Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA now rated AO

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GTA now rated AO

So is Hiliry Clinton taking violent games off the market or was that just me... and/or did she say they were treating violent games like tobacco?

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    So is Hiliry Clinton taking violent games off the market or was that just me...
    1. Hillary

2. I think I rather die before seeing Mrs. Clinton in the White House.

3. To stay on topic, I have to agree with whoever said it before, I would think that Mature rated games were really only for adults anyway. As for video game violence, Raven said it best, just some politicians making sure they look good.

I don't believe in this whole video game violence nonsense. Playing counterstrike won't get me to pick up a gun and start shooting up any places (although it sounds like a fun thing to do, and I am tempted). If anything, when it comes to violence in adolescence, the answer is music. Music is the most influential thing in mankind, in my opinion.

Other than that, really, I am sort of indifferent towards the matter.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

*claps* Exactly! I've been playing shooting games since I was 6 and I have never been affected.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh boy, I mean it doesnt effect me, but sheesh. A little out of hand with the ratings now. Makes me appreciate the fact that I've already grown past the age limits, cause if I was a 14 or 15 year old I'd be seriously bummed out right about now.

Thanks

Why can't game ratings be like anime ratings, more specific like 7+, 12+, 16+

One word of jaw dropping amazment and awe... WOW!

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't agree or disagree, I'll simply define the two ratings for you guys to decide which one GTA fits....

Quote Originally Posted by ESRB
    MATURE
    Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.

ADULTS ONLY
    Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
    Read them very carefully. From the description, it fits the bill.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    ADULTS ONLY
    Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
    What's really funny is, that this new rating won't do a thing. Seriously, are we going to sit here and believe that kids are going to stop playing GTA? Nah, it just makes it more troublesome to get the game. This is merely a nuisance.

Edit: In order not to post again...

*high-five* Mr. Know-it-all strikes again.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Jul 21, 2005 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks

*claps again* Yes, yes! I am with you all the way! *Holds up hand for a high-five*

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast