Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GTA now rated AO

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GTA now rated AO

I like how everyone is making a big fuss about the sex and yet the violence is totally fine.

Parents are stupid.

Carnage = good.

Sex = BAD.

People really make no sense to me...

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the PS2 version of GTA:SA and I haven't encountered any sex in the game unless I'm not that far.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

I was taking a gander at the news when this story game up. But the thing that troubled me most was the Parents were angry that this was in the game and that their children could access it. Don't these parents know they shouldn't be buying these games for their children in the first place?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

It Wont solve anything anyway. All they have to do is get a parent or someone over 18 to buy it for them. It would totally suck if your right on that boarderline of 17/18.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    Don't these parents know they shouldn't be buying these games for their children in the first place?
    It's like I said above, kids will get their hands on these games eventually, it's just more of a nuisance to get them.

As for the parents, teach your kids right and wrong. Influence them, rather than police them. I gaurantee(sp?) an easier time with your kids that way.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

And of course Rockstar doesn't have a problem with rating change, since they've already made their money on the sales previous to this....But I am glad to finally see an AO rating. Now maybe parents will stop bitching about how all these games are geared towards kids, and they'll actually start paying attention to the ratings. Now they only have themselves to blame if their kids are playing it.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Makes you wonder what the Q.A. release engineer was smoking when this was released. It was both sloppy and stupid to leave the code in the final release. And since GameSpot has found simular sex scene code in the console game version, it looks like the decision to leave the offending code in the game was a deliberate one...

GameSpot article on PS2 Version...
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...s_6129301.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

From what I heard the "Hot Coffee" mod can only be unlocked through Action Replay on the console versions which means that NOT everyone can have access to "Hot Coffee". It just doesn't make much for the ESRB to change a games rating just because of a mod that not everyone has access to. Hell, I was able to make all of my sims totally nude due to a mod also but did that warrant "The Sims" an AO rating? No it didn't. Like someone else mentioned before, "God of War" also has a sexual mini-game at the very beginning.

I could really care less though since I already have the game (along with the rest of any videogame player).
    Too cool for a sig.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast