Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guild Wars

Newbie trip-fu Man may be famous one day trip-fu Man may be famous one day trip-fu Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

I have the full copy its a good game get it there is no monthly fee.
    My body is here, but my mind is not.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You do know that MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online right?

I think it fits those three categories.
    Yes I do know what MMO stands for and if you are going to be using that logic than games like Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament, and Halo are all MMOs just cuz they are Massively Multiplayer Online. They arn't arn't MMOs. They are First person shooters that can be played online.

Guild Wars has some MMO quailties but not all of them. There is no crafting, no auction house, and the game can pretty much be played solo if you wanted to play it solo. It reminds me more of how Diablo 2 multiplayer was instaead of something like World of Warcraft or Everquest.
    Too cool for a sig.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    Yes I do know what MMO stands for and if you are going to be using that logic than games like Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament, and Halo are all MMOs just cuz they are Massively Multiplayer Online. They arn't arn't MMOs. They are First person shooters that can be played online.

Guild Wars has some MMO quailties but not all of them. There is no crafting, no auction house, and the game can pretty much be played solo if you wanted to play it solo. It reminds me more of how Diablo 2 multiplayer was instaead of something like World of Warcraft or Everquest.

What I think you're saying is that it's not a true MMORPG and more of an MMO-something else. The people that made Guild Wars themselves don't refer to the game as an MMORPG.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually Wobbuffetking...

Counterstrike, Halo, Unreal tournament, etc....ARE technically MMO's. =/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2