Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guild Wars

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Guild Wars

Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    Well, from what I heard... you get sent off to war, blah blah... and at some point it ends...? and from then on.. your kinda just on your own, building stats, etc... or something, but I guess there's a point when the storyline ends, and you basically have the resort to making more and more characters... >__< soooo addicting..... mmmmmm
    it continues once the new expansion that they are working on is released. Its alot of fun I have the game and my own guild that I just recently started with another friend of mine.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    It's a newer online rpg, free(or so they say). Its basically like all the other MMORPG's out there.
    What they say is true, GW is closer to online rpg than MMORPG. It's not like ROSE online or Anarchy online, you gon and what monsters with same playground with thousands of others. In GW you and your team has a private copy of that map.
    but still REALLY good game.

lvl 20 Elementalist/(Monk/Mesmer/Ranger)
    lvl 15 Monk/Ranger

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Guild Wars is pretty good. I bought it after I got bored with World of Warcraft. Since there is no monthly fee like most other online games, I don't feel the pressure to play the game every minute of my free time.
    There is two main aspect of the game. First you can choose to play the RPG version. This is where you either pick up other players or henchmen to complete quests/unlock skills & weapons. There is no Players Vs Players except for arena areas. The second is the PVP aspect, where your char is at the max lvl. This time you can only play in different Arenas against other players in 4v4,8v8, 8v8v8, Guild vs Guild, and GvGvG. You get new skills/weapons unlocked from your RPG char and using faction points you gained from PVPing to unlock them.
    It's fun for the casual player as well as hard core PVPers. Since you have to be in a team, it forces you to create the best combo of skills to help your teammates and a strategy to beating the other team or teams. Unlike WoW where most people just rush in and try kill anything in front of them. Of course in WoW you have more interaction with other players then GW.
    If you want intense PvPing everywhere your char goes, then choose WoW (very frustrating most of the time from griefing from other players). If you want to choose your place and time for PvPing with team coordination most of the time, then Guild Wars is great.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I need a new MMO, gettin' kinda' bored with Ultima Online: Samurai Empire. I'm thinking about playing either Guild Wars or Shadowbane. Both sound really good. But I'm leaning towards Shadowbane because of the species.

Newbie king_sesshomaru may be famous one day king_sesshomaru may be famous one day king_sesshomaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: Guild Wars

Guild wars is not just another mmorpg, it;s the no.1 contender in mmo's next to world of warcraft.which sold over 1.5 million copies in the U.S. and is now shipping to china. but Guild Wars is pretty recent, arena net (the online site for Guild Wars players) recorded 250,000 acount activations in the first week. The only thing from stopping me from getting Guild Wars is the price $49.99
    Last edited by king_sesshomaru; Aug 26, 2005 at 02:55 PM.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

First off let me say that Guild Wars is NOT a MMORPG, it's more along the lines of a Online-RPG kinda like how Diablo 2 was. Which means that it does get repeative after a while.

The thing about Guild Wars is that it's very casual. It doesn't come loaded with millions of features like other MMOs since it doesn't have a monthly fee. It's for people that don't have the time to invest their time into games such as WoW and FFXI.

I'd take WoW over this game any day.
    Too cool for a sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2