Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun laws

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The only problem is that if noone has guns, and some gang or mafia/mob gets some guns, who the hell are they going to call to get them? especially if the "army" is so far away... And if cops had guns, that would be horribly unneccesary because why would they need guns if no-one else had them? So to groups that may leagally carry guns are the S.W.A.T. and the army. Both of those are ok, but I say let individuals make up their own mind about carring a gun. Around here, people can carry conceled weapons with a licence, and recently, those licences became very easy to get! (and you can even carry them inside buildings if you want.) but there are signs inside a bunch of buildings that say: (guns are banned on these premises) -so that makes people who don't want guns around happier, but it still doesn't completely solve our problem...

Trust me when I say that if we didn't have guns, it would be swords or knives, if not those, arrows, down to sticks, rocks, poison, whatever the crap we could use to kill eachother with. The past has proven, we can kill eachother with about anything, and we don't need modern weapons to threaten someone with death. They just make it easier.

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think laws should exist but just enough to not allow people with like criminal records or medical history of insanity to get guns.
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikinaki
    I never thought guns were a problem, untill i saw Bowling for Columbine. That changed my whole perspective about guns.
    Don't let yourself be influenced by just one film.

In my opinion, guns should be illegal. Only law enforcement and the military should be allowed to have guns.
    No matter what you say about safety, it can't compare to the amount of violence and accidents that happen to people with guns. The bad outweighs the good easily and we should just accept it.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Don't let yourself be influenced by just one film.

In my opinion, guns should be illegal. Only law enforcement and the military should be allowed to have guns.
    No matter what you say about safety, it can't compare to the amount of violence and accidents that happen to people with guns. The bad outweighs the good easily and we should just accept it.
    Yeah very good point. Guns usually do end up causing more unwanted accidents than anything else..

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    What about hunters? The overpopulation of deer don't kill themselves off, we have seasons where you go in to try to kill several of those bastards. It may not be a problem for you, but don't just think of the urban areas, you gotta think about the rural peoples too. Besides, a gun ban won't stop all the crimes, there'll still be smuggling of guns, and the big time gangs could still find ways to carry their guns.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    What about hunters? The overpopulation of deer don't kill themselves off, we have seasons where you go in to try to kill several of those bastards. It may not be a problem for you, but don't just think of the urban areas, you gotta think about the rural peoples too.
    Who says I live in an urban area?
    Ok, the people who are allowed to carry guns should also include professional hunters who have special permits and can only hunt specific types of animals at specific times (when there is a population problem, dangerous disease, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Besides, a gun ban won't stop all the crimes, there'll still be smuggling of guns, and the big time gangs could still find ways to carry their guns.
    That's talking crap, are you not happy that child abuse and rape are illegal, or are such crimes allowed because they still happen even though they are illegal?

It will greatly diminish the shooting/violence, that's for sure.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually in every country that has banned gun ownership violent crimes committed with guns has risen significantly. Since criminals don't care about obeying the law the only ones that gun laws remove guns from are law abiding citizens. Taking away gun rights just tells criminals that they don't have to worry about a homeowner having a gun and they can do whatever they want without concern.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can understand not banning guns because it would anger legitimate gun collectors. I collect swords, and I'd get mad if they got banned (though why would they? People have guns! Swords are useless). Though it started as a Chris Rock joke, I actually like the idea of "ban ammo." That sorta makes the guns useless, even though they're still fully functional by themselves (gun collecters wouldn't want unfunctioning guns as much as I wouldn't want dull swords). Then only people with proper licensing could get bullets to, like, hunt and go to shooting ranges (I myself would like to hit a shooting range some day. It's the result of me playing too many First-Person Shooters. I wonder if I can get a P90).

Unfortunatly, licensing as of yet hasn't seemed to work out very well for gun problems. So maybe that just requires stricter enforcing and such.

Or maybe I just don't know much about the legal side of the subject.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast