Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gun laws

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Legally?

It is already illegal everywhere I know of for criminals (those with a record) or those who are not mentally competant to own a gun.

There are already multiple laws on the books for minumum jailtimes and sentancing for anyone committing a crime with a gun.

The judges aren't enforcing them.

Until the laws we have are enforced why make more laws that will do nothing to punish those committing crimes with guns but will punish everyone else.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I think people should be allowed to have guns, but they should have to pass so many tests to do it and cant store them anywhere a child could find it. I really dont have too many issues with the current gun laws because for the most part they seem to work. Occassionally somethign tragic happens yes, but tragedy comes with all things, no law is perfect, there are always loopholes. If we banned guns, they'd be like many drugs are nowadays, smuggled over the borders and it'd just be another huge even more controversial problem.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well I think people should be allowed to have guns, but they should have to pass so many tests to do it and cant store them anywhere a child could find it.
    Here's a unique thought, gun lisences. Just like driver lisences. Teach it in school. You don't have to buy a gun but if you want one you need a lisence that says you passed a gun safety course.

What do you think?

Anyone?

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Here's a unique thought, gun lisences. Just like driver lisences. Teach it in school. You don't have to buy a gun but if you want one you need a lisence that says you passed a gun safety course.

What do you think?

Anyone?
    That's just like Getting a driver liscense like you said Arrianna. you take a test and drive a car straight into somebody plus what if they fail the test one time then pass what if they suddenly decide that she/he should have passed then he buy's a gun go to the school and shoot it up

I know this is probably based off of circumstances but this could happen.
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

To quote from a similar thread from another forum:

"Here are some interesting figures for the year 2002 in the United States:

US Highway Deaths: 42,815
    US Flu Deaths: 36,000
    US Gun Deaths (homicide, suicide, accidental): 28,163.

So now when are we going to outlaw driving cars, as they seem to cause 150% more deaths than guns do each year in America?! "

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Myuh

yes cars do indeed kill people too. However, guns would most likely be an easy way to lower mortality rates. Though cars also do kill, there is most likely a larger chance of being killed by someone with a gun who has a malicious intent compared to that of a car.
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

If someone wants you dead they will kill you, Cain killed Able with a rock. David slew Goliath with a sling and a rock. Knives only kill about half as many as guns but severely injury twice as many (idea of being a veggie in a hospital bed the rest of my life doesn't trill me).

If outlawing guns would help then yes do it, but the FACT is it will change nothing. Actually people defending themselves with a gun are 2.5 times more likely not to be hurt than people who do not own guns with which to defend themselves.

In Australia where guns are outlawed, crime has tripled, as there is nothing to deter criminals. Plus criminals still get their hands on guns (Of the guns currently used to commit crimes in the US 89% of them are illegally acquired). As long as people harbor malice, greed, lust and jealousy in their hearts crime and murders will still happen.

Why push something that will do more harm than good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frozen_mercury
    yes cars do indeed kill people too. However, guns would most likely be an easy way to lower mortality rates. Though cars also do kill, there is most likely a larger chance of being killed by someone with a gun who has a malicious intent compared to that of a car.
    Thanks, but I would rather be shot then run over by a car. Not to mention that everone I know who was delibratly run over/hit has died. If someone has malicious intent they will find a way to hurt you even if it's just with a rock. I fail to see where gun laws would change that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast