Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 79

Thread: Guns!

  1. #25
    Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Annnd your point is?

    Martial arts is all about hurting and killing people. Yet most of the time when you see exibitions they are being treated as a (shock) sport. Just about everything that is used for defense is turned into a sport. It's called practice. If they ever had to call upon civilians to carry guns in defense of the country, or just my neiborhood, I would rather see someone who has used guns for "sport", knows them in and out along with all the safety rules, then some poor guy who had never picked one up in their life.
    Martial Arts is usally for self-defense. But there are some exceptions, yes. My point is that lots of deaths would be avioded if guns werent so freely accessable. Cilivilians would never be called upon to carry weapons to defend their country in todays world due to the fact there's no nation in the world who has the strenght/ability to attack a country like the US and get it into a postion where that sort of situation would arise.

    If you wanna play with guns, join the army. You've got things to shoot at at the minute too.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

    http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

  2. #26
    I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    pasadena, TX.
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    We should all return to using swords to kill each other with!
    Seriously. Blaming death on the weapon used is like saying it's the cars fault someone drove it while drunk.
    Well most people own guns because of it. Protection, being cool, killing people, tell me when is a gun used for good?


    DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

  3. #27
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Felnor
    Martial Arts is usally for self-defense. But there are some exceptions, yes. My point is that lots of deaths would be avioded if guns werent so freely accessable. Cilivilians would never be called upon to carry weapons to defend their country in todays world due to the fact there's no nation in the world who has the strenght/ability to attack a country like the US and get it into a postion where that sort of situation would arise.

    If you wanna play with guns, join the army. You've got things to shoot at at the minute too.
    Actually if I am going to join the army, I want to play with bigger things such as missiles! Don't like guns? No problem don't get one, don't like me having them then get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco666
    Well most people own guns because of it. Protection, being cool, killing people, tell me when is a gun used for good?
    My brother, a cop, killed a man with his gun who had stabbed his wife to death and was holding his 5 year old daughter hostage. Saved the girls life, without the guns she would more than likely have died. Fact is people will kill using what ever they can find, guns have no bearing on that.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Sep 27, 2005 at 03:52 PM.


  4. #28
    I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    pasadena, TX.
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    .....my friend shot himself with a gun.....


    DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

  5. #29
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco666
    .....my friend shot himself with a gun.....

    So you blame the gun, the fact is and I don't mean to intrude on the feelings you had for your friend as I have lost 12 people that I went to High School with (I am 23) so I know how it feels but your friend could have used a knife, rope, car or a dozen other methods.


  6. #30
    ??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I have no idea
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco666
    .....my friend shot himself with a gun.....
    thats truely sad

    I own swords I dont really like guns
    but I am such a good shot
    I dont think its fair for others
    if they were to go up against me
    I could easily finish them with a sword


  7. #31
    Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by Felnor
    You miss the point. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt this thread about people stating what guns they have? They don't have them for selfdefense, they have them because they LIKE them.
    Ok. You have no idea what it's like to have a gun do you?
    Ok, I had those guns given to me by my father, who is concerned about the gang activity in my neighborhood.
    I accepted them.
    Now how does that imply in any way that I like guns?
    I own guns, but it doesn't mean that I like them.
    They're for self defense.
    And that is ALL.
    Now just put a cap on your pride for how perfect your country is, and don't post unless you have something meaningful to say. You're just being demeaning, and you shouldn't be, because you really have no actual knowledge in the subject.

    ~M

  8. #32
    I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    pasadena, TX.
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    So you blame the gun, the fact is and I don't mean to intrude on the feelings you had for your friend as I have lost 12 people that I went to High School with (I am 23) so I know how it feels but your friend could have used a knife, rope, car or a dozen other methods.
    I dont know.......that really traumatized me.....thats why I hate guns....my sister almost got shot once in the head..Im thankful everyday that she's still here with me....guns take away the most precious people from you.....but thats how I feel...Im sorry if I offended.....


    DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
    By Cybergig1 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2005, 01:50 PM
  2. gunsmith cats
    By big paddy in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2005, 01:10 PM
  3. Burst Angel
    By QueenOfGames in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 13, 2005, 05:17 PM
  4. some laywer
    By deaths_raver667 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2005, 08:28 AM
  5. Gun laws
    By deaths_raver667 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: May 01, 2005, 09:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts