Thread: gunsmith cats

Newbie big paddy may be famous one day big paddy may be famous one day
    Thanks

gunsmith cats

how good is gunsmith cats

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: gunsmith cats

I have this manga... i didn't much like the style of the way it was drawn so i haven't read it yet XD sorry.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The Anime OVA 'Gunsmith Cats'... well... it's a Girls with Guns series, and like nearly all Girls with Guns series (BurnUp, BurnUp W, BurnUp Excess, BurnUp Scramble, Najica Blitz Tactics, Agent Aiko, Original Dirty Pair, Dirty Pair Flash, Burst Angel...) there isn't much of a story, and lots of action, explosions and fanservice shots of Girls (with Guns!!!) 'Gunsmith Cats' is somewhat unique that it includes 'Muscle Cars' in addition to guns...

The only exceptions to poor story development with 'Girls with Guns' series is 'Noir', and 'Madlax'. both of these series are very good, but have SLOW plot development... (Madlax, with it's 4th DVD release, the two main characters still haven't met face to face...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie cflnut may be famous one day cflnut may be famous one day cflnut's Avatar
    Thanks

The Anime OVA 'Gunsmith Cats'... well... it's a Girls with Guns series, and like nearly all Girls with Guns series there isn't much of a story,
    It's odd that you would say that, cause I thought that there was a rether well thought out story in Gunsmith Cats.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by cflnut
    It's odd that you would say that, cause I thought that there was a rether well thought out story in Gunsmith Cats.
    'Gunsmith Cats' does have a story, but most of it serves as an excuse for the action and fanservice shots. Compared to the other 'Girls with Guns' series, doesn't stand out (well, maybe a little) against the likes of the 'Dirty Pair', or the 'Burn Up' series... But compared against the likes of the very stylistic atmosphere of 'Noir', 'Gunsmith Cats' is just a oil stain on the pavement...

Newbie cflnut may be famous one day cflnut may be famous one day cflnut's Avatar
    Thanks

I think your trying to compare apples to ornges here. Gunsnith Cats lasted 3 episodes where all the others have had several made. As far as these "fanservice shots" the only ones I can think of are a couple of shots of Rally in here undies @ the end of episode 1. Hardly compairable to something like Dirty Pair which has cleavege showing in almost every scene. Same with the Burn up series. Perhaps Noir and Madlax are compearable, but not having seen either of them I can't make a fair judgement.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Fanservice shots aren't limited to just 'sexy' images. The term also applies to 'beauty shots', which includes posturing (common with Gundam Mechas) CGI cut scenes, and with this anime genre, Girls blasting away with firearms. More to the point, if all the scenes with 'Girls blazing away with Firearms' was removed, how much of the story would be left???

Not that there's anything bad with 'Girls with Guns' genre series, as they are entertaining, but very few of them will rank among the 'Great All Times Anime' series... (both 'Noir', and 'Madlax' have made it onto serveral Top 100 and Top 200 lists that I've seen...)