Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: .Hack games

Banned-looks like you were beat hunh little kid the_weird_one may be famous one day the_weird_one may be famous one day the_weird_one's Avatar
    Thanks
    the .hack games are pretty cool. i havent really played any of them, but my friend let my play one of his .hack games and it was fun.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    I don't think it's multyplayer. It's a RPG right... And I don't think that they'll make a MMORPG out of it... the 4 games didn't really sell well you know
    Actually the first game sold great. Sales just tapered from there. They may have shot themselves in the foot with the four instament approach. How many people would buy it if they actually packaged it in one release instead?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie naota may be famous one day naota may be famous one day naota's Avatar
    Thanks
    They may have shot themselves in the foot with the four instament approach. How many people would buy it if they actually packaged it in one release instead?
    I agree that 4 discs originally priced at $50 was a mistake. that's a total of $200, but I think they lowered the price since the games are starting to become older.
    I think 2 seperate games would be nice, part 1 and part 2. That way, people would not have to pay as much, they'd still get everything in the game (cramming 2 parts in each game), and sales would be better.

Still, they selected the right people to make the game, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Eva), Kazumari Ito (GITS), and...somebody else (Patlabor)

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    is it on x-box???

Newbie splitpeasoup may be famous one day splitpeasoup may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't like them. If I was looking for the online feel I would just go online. I think it's a great idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired....like decent gameplay...

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    is it on x-box???
    Nope, only on PS2. And might I suggest that if you get stuck in the games the online guides are nice, HOWEVER if you're planning on getting all the extras look elsewhere. Whoever wrote these things (up until the final installment of the guides) had no idea how to set it up.

SPOILER*************

I didn't even find out that you could recruit the characters from .hack//SIGN until the middle of the thrid guide and wouldn't you know it...you had to do a specific task during game two if you even wanted the chance to recruit the characters. Man was I pissed. So for extras check on line or read the third guide first from cover to cover.

End Spoiler rant***********************

Other than the "rantings" I enjoyed the game. The look of the dungeons got old, but I never got tired of dungeon diving. So have fun. Besides - it's only 20 bucks and you get the .hack//Liminality dvds with the game!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3