Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2

Newbie Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day Ultimaterra2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking Half Life 2

Since I wasn't part of steams preloaders and preorderer's, I don't have my hard copy just yet, but Half Life 2 has finally been released. Everyone and their grandmother is probley playing this game as I type this out.

http://www.half-life2.com/news.php

Who is getting a copy?

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Talking

It's mine and only mine !!!
    Coming soon.........

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hah... my PC would die if I put the CD in the drive. That's all it would take. I need to get a new video card and some more memory, and then I could play this.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yup got mine like 12 hours ago

Sigh to bad my graphic cards sucks but it's fine, it's insane

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    my pc'll chew it but I dont have the money for it ^_^; darnit

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I just hope the MOD community will have an even better chance of strutting their stuff.
    That's the HL way.

Newbie ultimaslair may be famous one day ultimaslair may be famous one day ultimaslair's Avatar
    Thanks
    Got mine. Haven't played much. But I'm a bit surprised, I thought the graphics would've been much better. I'm sitting on a Radeon 9800 Pro, and don't quite have it all the way to the max, but damn close...Doom 3 graphics were still better than HL2.

Although, the facial expressions are very nice...

Newbie Bluepixie may be famous one day Bluepixie may be famous one day Bluepixie's Avatar
    Thanks
    OH MY GOD!

This is the game I’ve been waiting for. Nothing since Max Payne 2 has blown me away like this. Been playing all day (well 2:00pm till 6:00 then my flat had a power cut! today of all days! ) and just been amazed every step of the way. If your machine can handle it, buy it. You won't regret it.

Let me explain why....

First, it's the Half-Life world, but not as you know it.....think of the first time you saw Terminator (as long as you saw the first one first...) HL2 is as T2 was to T1. The same kinda idea but taken kicking and screaming into a new time and vision.

You feel like YOU are Gordon. People actually talk to you. You can see (even feel) their emotions to the extent that you can actually like or dislike a character. The game world is real (sorry feels real, I’m getting carried away with this) Everything reacts the way you would expect. Pick up a boot, and throw it. It behaves realistically to gravity and friction. When you throw a barrel it bounces like a metal barrel, and sinks like a barrel. If it’s plastic and full of air, it floats on water and can be thrown further. And all of this interaction is not just for show! It can be used to solve puzzles in a logical and practical manner. Or sometimes just for fun!

And the first time you get hold of a cutting disc using the gravity-gun, and slice a zombie in two……

I’m going to stop.

As an adult, no other game has ever absorbed me like this before.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast