Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Hah... my PC would die if I put the CD in the drive. That's all it would take. I need to get a new video card and some more memory, and then I could play this.

Exactly my problem... Maybe later when I feel I am bored with Halo 2.

Newbie Bluepixie may be famous one day Bluepixie may be famous one day Bluepixie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Hah... my PC would die if I put the CD in the drive.
    It's out on DVD only as far as I can tell. Or you can download itt through Steam. Which is rather clever.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Nah... my comp is the suck. I'm gonna have to upgrade in a year or so, just to survive.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluepixie
    It's out on DVD only as far as I can tell. Or you can download itt through Steam. Which is rather clever.

not quite, only the collectors edition is DVD rom, the standard edition is CD rom. Common knowledge but a game would die if it were only released in DVD rom format. As even with the DVD roms being cheaper nowadays still the majority of end users dont have them just yet. So a developer would shoot off their own feet by only releasing on DVD.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R's Avatar
    Thanks
    Got mine free on steam with the ati coupon and played it at soon as I got home from school. Runs quite nicely on my oc'ed 9600XT.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    HAHAHA

Gig, there are three reasons why I am not going to get Half Life 2 right at the moment. The first one is the exact thing that happened to you. Second, there is no way my computer could run that game. Though that may change in the near future if I get a new computer, which I am thinking about. The third thing is, Im liking Halo 2 way too much at the moment.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah I'm giving it another shot (thanks to my friend for letting me use his account *cough*) but sucks that it downloaded it all no problem then when I start the game the very first "loading" screen before you even get to the game menu just idles. pfft. Such crap my comp can run games like Doom 3/Farcry and the like on high settings and load levels in less then 20 seconds yet HL2 wont even boot. now I see why their forums are so full of people complaining, its a mess

I mean I wanna play the game but damn, too much trouble which sucks as I wanted to try it out.

and yeah I hear you Ishamael I'm pretty happy with the other game right now myself lol

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I did get a chance to play this at a friend's house. Mmm... gravity gun. This thing can pick up anything! I kind of pulled a Tycho (from PA) and spent time hitting people with bottles and junk using the gravity gun. It was fun.

I like the amount of detail in this game. One of the first things I said when playing the game was "Wow, that's the most beautiful head-crab I've ever seen!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast