Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman
    well, i'm not watching (although i would like to), i am reading stephen king books and have a specific order this year: IT, Cujo, The Shining, and Firestarter. i would like to see IT again, but i can visualize part of the movie while i read, so i'm partially watching IT. seriously though, all stephen king books are good
    Most of them are indeed good but please keep this on topic.
    Stay with the films, no books allowed.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    no books allowed.
    Yeah! Books do.....nothing,....they....*struggles* ARGH!....bo..oks...bad....for...bu..............gs .
    Anyway at the moment I'm having trouble getting my hands on "The Beyond", They won't let me buy it in the shops because I'm under 18 and I'm having trouble trying to convince the guy at the video store that I can handle it, maybe if I douse myself in blood and attack him he will see that horror films have no effect what so ever on me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    Yeah! Books do.....nothing,....they....*struggles* ARGH!....bo..oks...bad....for...bu..............gs .
    Anyway at the moment I'm having trouble getting my hands on "The Beyond", They won't let me buy it in the shops because I'm under 18 and I'm having trouble trying to convince the guy at the video store that I can handle it, maybe if I douse myself in blood and attack him he will see that horror films have no effect what so ever on me!
    Just get someone else to buy it for you. Easy as pie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Just get someone else to buy it for you. Easy as pie.
    Ah! I can't believe I did'nt think of that!
    But, I'm not really sure who to get, see I have a problem trusting those around me,
    • My sis, she would end up getting the wrong one,
    • My cousin, he would end up just running off with it,
    • My parents, well, they frown upon my "horror-fetish" was the word I believe they used,
    • Random guy, well so far he seems like my best candidate,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    Ah! I can't believe I did'nt think of that!
    But, I'm not really sure who to get, see I have a problem trusting those around me,
    • My sis, she would end up getting the wrong one,
    • My cousin, he would end up just running off with it,
    • My parents, well, they frown upon my "horror-fetish" was the word I believe they used,
    • Random guy, well so far he seems like my best candidate,
    Write it on a piece of paper and then pay your sister after she has bought the correct item.
    You'll be amazed how good most people's memory is when they're getting paid for remembering something.

But enough of this, let's stay on topic!

Next up, The Thing.

One of John Carpenter's classics which was unfairly overshadowed by Steven Spielberg's retarded little alien E.T.
    The film may have alot in common with Alien but it I don't think it's a blatant ripoff.

The story:

An American scientific expedition to the frozen wastes of the Antarctic is interrupted by a pair of seemingly mad Norwegians pursuing and shooting at a husky. The helicopter explodes in an accident, and the Norwegians are killed, leaving no explanation for the chase.

During the night, as the scientists look on in shock, the husky mutates and attacks the other dogs in the camp. The team soon realises that a bizarre alien life-form has found its way into their midst.

In the coming days - more pieces of the riddle are put together. Centuries ago - an alien spaceship had crash landed in the Antarctic. The pilot was thrown clear and eventually froze in the ice. The creature is eventually uncovered 100 000 years later by a group of Norwegian scientists who thaw the creature out. The alien comes to life and proves to be extremely hostile. It has the ability to alter its own cell structure to that of a consumed organism, and thus imitate the victim almost perfectly.

Now the 12 men of US Outpost #31 stand between the alien and total infection of the planet. They must destroy the creature and prevent it from reaching civilisation. The only problem is - can they trust each other - when there is no guarantee the next man is human?

Taken from http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~vampire/thing/thing.htm

Kurt Russel gets to show his acting skills in one of his best roles to date.

The whole "I can trust nobody" theme is used perfectly and it makes you wonder who is actually a thing.

Let's talk about this film.
    Don't post a new one yet.

Thanks

I havn't seen it heard of it though, sounds like a good plotline, what would you rate it on a scale of 1-100 if you say anything above 70 I will check it out.

I'm trusting you here, (against my better judgement )

Thanks

Ugh, why must I rate it? I'll just recommend that you watch it, that's all.
    It's pretty old but still a cult favourite.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

The Thing is one of the best examples of Horror and Paranoia ever. No question. Everything is on the money....Carpenters ominous mood.. the natural, almost improv feeling between the actors...the sloppy and gewey creature fx. I love the ending to death by the way, it just leaves so much to the imagination. It also has a great ability of sticking with you after the picture is over. It did for me at least...with images like this, how could it not?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast