Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

I prefer psychological thrillers as far as this all goes. I love the movie "Seven". Especially when "John Doe" takes care of a prime example of gluttony. It was a spectacular movie with what I consider to be a great, unexpected though foreshadowed ending.

Detective Somerset (Morgan Freeman, Kiss the Girls, Nurse Betty) is only a week away from retiring from his job at a New York City precinct. Detective Mills (Brad Pitt, Fight Club, Meet Joe Black) recently transferred to the city and is anxious to pick up where Somerset leaves off.

Both detectives soon find themselves on the trail of a vicious serial killer that chooses his victims according to the seven deadly sins.

Methodical, exacting and grotesquely creative, the killer, "John Doe", has planned each murder down to the finest detail. As Somerset and Mills close in, John Doe patiently awaits the final confrontation, determined to complete his bloody masterpiece of terror.
    http://www.newline.com/sites/seven/pride.htm
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    Audition. Though it might be hard for you to actually be able to watch it.Audition was one of the freakiest movies I've ever seen. Takashi Miike does an excellent job on this movie. Surprises are everywhere and the chick in the movie is ****ing psychotic. Great movie.
    Sure is a hell of a flick Ken. The Last 20 minutes left me in such awe that i hadn't realized what the hell i just witnessed until the morning after.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    Audition. Though it might be hard for you to actually be able to watch it.
    Yeah, audition is a classic.
    The thing with this film is it's level of seriousness. The lion share of Miike's films are horror comedy but Audition is disturbed with a rich psycho-thriller stuffing.
    There's some humour in it but certainly not on the same level as his other works like Dead or Alive, Ichi the killer, Fudoh, etc.

A fun fact:

When the film was screened at the 29th International Film Festival, Rotterdam in 2000 the director reported that people came up to him afterwards and said "You're sick".

Haha.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Next on the menu we've got 'The Exorcist III:Legion'. This is probably the best in the series (except the original of course)....here is the synopsis in case you haven't seen it, taken from imdb.

"Ignoring Exorcist II: The Heretic, this one deals with a serial killer who was executed the same night of the exorcism in the first film with the girl Regan. The priest who fell down the flight of steps was been taken into the spirit of the killer to claim victim after victim some 20 years later. The killer mutilates priests and doctors and uses old women as a suspect. After the returning police detective Kinderman sees that it is the same serial killings of the Zodiac, he and another priest decide to find and destroy the killer's spirit with using the final exorcism. But this exorcism will be much dangerous..."

Like the plot synopsis said...just ignore part 2. This is the true sequel to The Exorcist, well written,great mood and filled with scenes that'll stop your heart upon first viewing (the infamous nurse scene jolted the crap out of me) this is definately an unsung classic.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Heh, never seen it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Next on the menu we've got 'The Exorcist III:Legion'. This is probably the best in the series (except the original of course).

Like the plot synopsis said...just ignore part 2. This is the true sequel to The Exorcist, well written,great mood and filled with scenes that'll stop your heart upon first viewing (the infamous nurse scene jolted the crap out of me) this is definately an unsung classic.
    Yeah the second one was "puergh!", sounds like a good word to describe it, but tha's only my opinion, and my opinion usually...sucks.

But yeah it's definatly an unsung hero, whenever I talk to people about the exorcist they just say something like "Yeah, I liked the first one but the second one was'nt so good."
    It's like they never even heard of the third, kinda annoys me though, it's definatly worth the watch but nobody's really heard of it or bothered with it because they disliked the second, well that's my experiance with it anyway.

Thanks

It's really one of the better horror sequels ever in my opinon, where as the original Exorcist went straight for the throat....this one here is more suddle and thrives off mood which makes the shock moments hit that much harder.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

The third Exorcist is extremely underrated, and a great movie in itself (doesn't even need to really be connected to the Exorcist trilogy IMO).

Are you talking about the scene with the scissors, narrator? That was a creepy scene, definitly affective. Also the part with the old lady climbing on the ceiling. Very disturbing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast