Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Halloween Horror Hysteria 2005

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    That's a good thing though Bugs. Right now i just got finished watching a true cult classic by the name of 'Chopping Mall'. Let me just start by saying this film is the very epitome of "bad 80's horror". Absence of logic, pitiful acting, over the top violence, terrible synth-soundtrack, random nudity & sex...the works. Now for the plot (if you wanna call it that), the movie takes place inside of the Beverly Center mall (Beverly Hills/West L.A. area) and due to recent burglary and vandalism, a new fleet of robotic security droids are installed. But one night during a lightning storm...a bolt hits the malls main power unit and for some reason makes the robots go haywire and homicidal. And did i mention that a large group of sex crazed mall employees decided to have a slumber party in the mall over night? Yeah....fun times ahead. This is one of my favorite guilty pleasure films ever, does it make any sense? No. Is it just a terrible rip off of 'Dawn of the Dead' & 'The Terminator'? Yes it is. But oh so disgustingly fun!

.....You had me at random nudity and sex

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

And you had me at the title.

Oh and Bugs, eyepopper= http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/...2evildead1.mpg

Rated "E" for "Erection"

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Aha! Aha! Ah!...*whipes tear from eye* Now I have to see the whole thing, I havn't had a spontaneous laughing fit like that in a good few months, Oho, Ha Whew....ha!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    And you had me at the title.

Oh and Bugs, eyepopper= http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/...2evildead1.mpg

Rated "E" for "Erection"
    Ah, sick minds think alike....i didn't know you knew about badmovies.org, such a fabulous site.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I love those little extras they put online.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently watched Dark Water, the Japanese version. It was about the most straight forward of all the Koji Suzuki movies that have come out recently (he's the author of The Ring, Dark Water, and Skeleton Key). The problem is, that I always watch these movies late at night on the weekend, after many adult beverages, so I keep falling asleep and waking up only when there is a creepy image on the tv, so these movies always seem scarier to me than they really are. There was a movie On Demand called Madhouse that was pretty scary, but again, I only woke up during the creepy parts.

One movie that I'm sure a few of you have heard of is Dead Alive. It was directed by Peter Jackson, and you wouldn't think it came from the same guy who did the LotR trilogy. The movie is not in any way scary. But it is possibly the grossest, most graphic movie you have ever seen. It's actually a pretty bad movie, in terms of story, but it's meant to be taken with a large dose of humor. Anyone looking for laughs rather than scares will do well to check it out, Just don't plan on eating for a while if you have a weak stomach.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    One movie that I'm sure a few of you have heard of is Dead Alive. It was directed by Peter Jackson, and you wouldn't think it came from the same guy who did the LotR trilogy. The movie is not in any way scary. But it is possibly the grossest, most graphic movie you have ever seen. It's actually a pretty bad movie, in terms of story, but it's meant to be taken with a large dose of humor. Anyone looking for laughs rather than scares will do well to check it out, Just don't plan on eating for a while if you have a weak stomach.
    A fine flick indeed! Hassun brought it up earlier in the list.The scene with the Zombie-baby in the park still tickles me like nothing else can. Tonight I decided to throw on 'Don't Look Now'....a classic shocker that still disturbs and creeps like none other. It's style and direction is sort of like a hybrid between Hitchcock & Kubrick. Very slow but very rewarding.Here is the summary taken from amazon.com

"Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now once seemed radically new with its kaleidoscopic imagery, dreamlike editing, and willingness to let mystery be mysterious on several levels of reality/illusion--plus art-house darling Julie Christie in a long, nude love scene! Nowadays, this 1974 adaptation of a Daphne du Maurier ghost story looks almost classical. Following the drowning of their child in England, Laura (Christie) and John Baxter (Donald Sutherland) have come to dank, eternally dying Venice, where he is supervising the restoration of a moldering church and she is either slipping into or climbing out of madness with the help of a pair of creepy spinster sisters, one of whom can "see" even though blind. John may share this psychic power, though he resists accepting it as the canals fill with murder victims, surface realities turn shimmery as water, and a red-coated figure--the daughter's ghost?--keeps flickering in the corner of our vision. Though surreal and perplexing, the film does eventually add up, and the ending remains a real throat-grabber. "

There you have it, to put it bluntly.. this is the 'Usual Suspects' of Horror films. The ending is such a stunner that after you see it you can't help but consider this one of the all time greats in Horror or any genre for that matter.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8