Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 Multiplayer map pack

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Halo 2 Multiplayer map pack

The Halo 2 multiplayer map pack disc was released and the maps are pretty good. There were two maps available for download over xbox live and 9 other maps are available on a $.19.99 map pack disc. These maps are well designed. The only map I didn't like as much was the elongation map. I feel they could have done a little bit more to it because to me it just wasn't as good as the other maps. Also, a few of the new map environments don't share anything in common with Halo with how they look. Here are a few pictures.
    http://www.games.net/screens/109161/44448-7-2.jpg
    http://www.games.net/screens/109161/44448-4-2.jpg
    http://www.games.net/screens/109161/44448-2-2.jpg
    http://www.games.net/screens/109161/44448-22-2.jpg

What does everyone else here think of the new maps?
    Last edited by BFmastermind; Jul 02, 2005 at 09:52 PM.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer map pack

you already got it? o_O it doesn't ship till tuesday and arrives wed. Which I'm buying it over Xbox live anyways, but can't do that till Wed either....

course I'm playing so much BF2 I may just wait till they are free in August, I haven't been playing much Halo 2 lately, may all change if I get this new HD-ILA HDTV tomorrow XD

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

I've gotten my copy some hours ago. I've played through a few maps, and other maps I didn't play online in but I just played the levels themselves to get a feel of the environments.
    Last edited by BFmastermind; Jul 02, 2005 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks

Well, now that the maps should be out to everyone, what do you all think of them?

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Still can't say I know anything about 'em, heh, as huge a Halo 2 fan I am, I'm even cheaper so I'm just gonna chill a month and let them go for free. Been too long since I've played Halo 2 now that I think about it...

I did play the first four maps, Turf, Containment, Warlock, and ...the ...other one that's name escapes me. Aside from Warlock I enjoyed them all (really hate cramped small maps like that). So I'm looking forward to getting the new maps.

Thanks

Here is a list of changes that has come to Halo 2 Multiplayer.

Core gameplay changes (as of version 1.1):
    -Shorter fuses for plasma grenades and frag grenades

-Moderately enhanced frag grenade splash damage (2 hits to kill)

-Massively enhanced plasma grenade splash damage (1 hit to kill)

-Massively enhanced melee attack damage (2 hits to kill)

-Massively enhanced Brute Shot damage (2 direct hits to kill)

-Moderately enhanced Brute Shot melee attack damage (1-2 hits to kill)

-Toned-down Magnum/SMG combo -Toned-down Magnum/Magnum combo -Toned-down Plasma Rifle/SMG combo

Xbox Live cheat fixes (as of version 1.1):

-Drastically enhanced automatic anti-cheating technology; stiffer punishments for cheating

-Stopped players from using modem disconnections to "teleport...

-Cheaters can be quickly kicked from matches and will be permanently banned from playing online

-Stopped players from "Bouncing... flag in CTF games

-Stopped players from grabbing flags through walls in CTF games

-Stopped players from "flying... with the Energy Sword (still works in single-player)

Playlist changes (as of May 02, 2005): -First and probably foremost, a reset leaderboard

-Sudden Death has been removed from all Assault variants

-Round times for Assault games increased to counter-balance for missing Sudden Death mode

-If you're playing CTF or Assault, the Banshee is no longer available on either Ascension or Headlong

-The overpowering overcharged Plasma Pistol/Battle Rifle combo has been limited by the playlists; Slayer games on Colossus and Beaver Creek will only have "Human... weapon sets

-Motion Detector has been removed for Head-to-Head (one-on-one) matches, a rather controversial decision on Bungie's part

-Most Coagulation and Burial Mounds matches will start players with a Battle Rifle, a much more suitable firearm for those larger, spread-out levels

-The Phantom (invisible) matches are no longer in rotation

-Head-to-Head matches now sometimes feature King of the Hill or Oddball rules

-More CTF and Assault matches will feature Covenant vehicles, like the Spectre, Wraith, Banshee and Ghost

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that you have to buy it!

Microsoft should have given this map pack for free through XBoX Live, I mean we already pay that monthly, why would they milk us for more!

Still debating if I'm going to buy it!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast