Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo character in DOA4 revealed

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Halo character in DOA4 revealed

Awhile back, Bungie confirmed that a character from the Halo universe would be appearing in Team Ninja's Dead or Alive 4 for Xbox 360. There was much speculation as to who the character would be, with most people pegging Cortana as the most likely character (for obvious reasons).

Well, the character has been revealed, and it's not Cortana. It IS a female, though - a female Spartan. Spartan-458, to be precise. We can't post images right now, as this was revealed in a US mag, but for those wondering, she looks pretty much exactly like Master Chief.

Also revealed in the magazine is the existence of a Halo-themed stage set in space. Spartan-458 and Ryu are shown fighting in a stage that looks like it was pulled right out of the first level of Halo 2, with what appears to be a planet/Halo (it's hard to tell) visible through the windows in the background.
    Source: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5652

Pictures:
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/x360/doa4/scan1.jpg
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/x360/doa4/scan2.jpg
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/x360/doa4/scan3.jpg

So there you have it... a Halo bonus character in DOA4, Spartan 458, a completely unknown female version of Master Chief. What the ****...

Should have just put the MC in for Christs sake.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo character in DOA4 revealed

MC would've rocked the f*cking house.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If there is anything that does not fit into DOA then it's something like this.
    And here was I, being happy that DOA doesn't have a robot...

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

and they said they had a tongue and cheek actually mostly believable way to put them into the story, I REALLY have to see what they are saying is that "believable" lol I'd rather have seen cortana in like an android body, that would have been pimp

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, what they just did makes Samus from Metriod look like a babe. Come on, you might as well have just thrown in Master Chief, instead of making this Mistress Chief.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

That makes me sad inside. Halo is the bane of all things fun and good, and now it's encroaching on the one guilty pleasure of the console gaming world I have? Now it's for certain, xbox 360 will never see the interior of my home.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alegos
    That makes me sad inside. Halo is the bane of all things fun and good, and now it's encroaching on the one guilty pleasure of the console gaming world I have? Now it's for certain, xbox 360 will never see the interior of my home.
    Wow, you're gonna skip out on entire console because DOA has a hidden character that you don't like? That's sad.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    Wow, you're gonna skip out on entire console because DOA has a hidden character that you don't like? That's sad.
    No, it's just the "nail in the coffin." I thought about it getting a 360 at one time, but with it being inferior to ps3 and more inexperienced in the console game industry than both sony and nintendo... I decided against it, DOA4 gave some glimmer of hope, but now that's dashed away as well. Not to mention the asinine concept of making a "rich man's 360" and a "poor man's 360." I think Microsoft's agenda is to slowly transform the console into a pc so that they can then go back to familiar grounds. Even though I'm more of a PC gamer, I still enjoy console games being... on a console.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast