Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halo Theory

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    What I don't understand is why, in Halo 1, did the covenant attack the one ship master chief was on? There was no reason for them to do it, unless they wanted the ship's main memory unit aka cortana, or master chief himself. Also, if anyone has beaten the halo 2 story, is the remote activation of the Halos on earth? Is that why the covenant are so willing to attack earth? To find the remote access to the halos and use them?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yes, I think they found that out when they captured/retrieved Guilty Spark.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    dont know what pisses me off more the fact that two people posted nonsense posts that have nothing to do with the thread or the fact they actually have the tag "senior members" when they post like noobs.

Really gives the senior member listing a great name to respect by new people /end sarcasm

*sigh* honestly not pissed more like just disappointed, wont point them out its easy to tell

ON TOPIC

yeah good stuff, quite a bit of it I agree with or have slight variations. Either way its a great story and I hope they dont leave it fully to interpretation and rather have a solid ending. Since the "Ark" could mean in parallel either the ark of the covenant (which is cool in itself due to the enemy being the COVENANT) and then it being Noah's Ark. Which is what I lean toward and rather then the ship being the ark I seriously say its Earth. 343 Guilty spark just makes me think that in how he recognizes the chief and says "I'm glad to see some of the species survived to reproduce" to me meaning the humans which would have been left on Earth and safe from the last Halo firing due to Earth being the ark. Just my theory on that part anyways.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Dec 30, 2004 at 10:39 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    ON TOPIC

yeah good stuff, quite a bit of it I agree with or have slight variations. Either way its a great story and I hope they dont leave it fully to interpretation and rather have a solid ending. Since the "Ark" could mean in parallel either the ark of the covenant (which is cool in itself due to the enemy being the COVENANT) and then it being Noah's Ark. Which is what I lean toward and rather then the ship being the ark I seriously say its Earth. 343 Guilty spark just makes me think that in how he recognizes the chief and says "I'm glad to see some of the species survived to reproduce" to me meaning the humans which would have been left on Earth and safe from the last Halo firing due to Earth being the ark. Just my theory on that part anyways.
    That actually makes a great amount of sense. Earth has the remote access to the Halos so it would be the planet to be safe from the Halo firing. So would that really mean that Guilty Spark or "oracle" was right in meaning that humans/forerunners built the halos and the memory of them building the halos was erased? And if guilty spark talks to master chief as if he knew all of this already, then why is master chief acting like he doesn't? Or maybe he does, that's why master cheif is intent on destroying the halos as much as the humans. Can someone explain to me the difference between a spartan(master chief) and a human? I still don't know what a spartan really is...man or machine or both?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Can someone explain to me the difference between a spartan(master chief) and a human? I still don't know what a spartan really is...man or machine or both?

you have to read the books, I haven't but theres enough chatter about them that I've picked up the jist.

What happened is back some 30/40 years before Halo a Dr. (who btw her personality was used to make Cortana and supposedly cortana is not like the other A.I. in the military as they are by the book. Cortana can think for herself however the drawback is supposedly they only live for like 7 years as they attain so much information they kinda go silent and only go over data, its weird)

But yeah anyways they found kids with a specific DNA set. They basically kidnapped them and left flash clones in their place. They trained them from a young age to be elite soldiers. Eventually they do this genetic/physical augmentation which like kills all but a certain # of the children. I dont know the # just say 30 heck you'd have to read the books lol.

Anyways they are bad@$$. Like even though the covenant wipe out human planets the Spartans have never lost a ground assault and in those battles only ever lost like 3 spartans. Master Chief "John" has always been like a natural leader. They never say he is the best at any one thing, he's just a leader or something. But anyways they dont have armour at first and later they get MarkIV armour which is before the one you see in Halo. When the covenant find the Planet Reach they destroy it taking out supposedly all of the Spartans minus Master Chief who is on the Pillar of Autumn about to leave on a secret mission with Cortana and he's just received the new Mark V armour which has the rechargable shields using Covenant shield technology. The mission is scrapped and they flee trying to escape, its kinda random how they find Halo. But anyways yeah the Spartans are mostly human but they were physically augmented. Like when Chief was in his teens I think someone told me he would curl around 180 pounsd in one arm lol. So you add that with the suit multiplies your strength times some # and you got a walking tank.

Theres more and I probably missed some #'s /details cause I haven't really read the books

Thanks
    I understand now Gig. But why don't they give every other soldier a mark V suit if Master Chief has a Mark VI in Halo 2? Can only spartans wear this suit?

Thanks
    yeah because the suit is from what I understand impossible for a normal human to wear. Not sure if its like you have to have a certain intellectual capability (they have enhanced knowledge) then also and or its the physical prowess. While it definitely enhances strength it may take a certain amount of super human strength just to get it to work ya know? I can't remember the specifics but their are definite reasons why not everyones running around in the Mark V

Thanks
    So, I'm guessing in Halo 3 Master Chief will have a Mark 7 suit upgrade. So since there are seven halos are there going to be 7 halo games? And where does the arbiter stand in all of this? Is he still against humans but a heretic or is he a heretic who is with humans? I have beaten Halo 2 twice on normal and heroic(only the best can beat legendary, I can't get past the second level) and it seems the Arbiter just helped the humans to pursue his own interest in righteousness.
    Last edited by False Truth; Jan 06, 2005 at 06:10 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast