Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halo Theory

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    So, I'm guessing in Halo 3 Master Chief will have a Mark 7 suit upgrade. So since there are seven halos are there going to be 7 halo games? And where does the arbiter stand in all of this? Is he still against humans but a heretic or is he a heretic who is with humans? I have beaten Halo 2 twice on normal and heroic(only the best can beat legendary, I can't get past the second level) and it seems the Arbiter just helped the humans to pursue his own interest in righteousness.
    No, there are only going to be three Halo games. It's a trilogy story, so it will only span three games.

As for the Arbiter, I believe that he will assist the humans, or maybe just Master C. He feels, from what I could tell, angry that the Prophets were 'lying' to them about what Halo does. So, he must be working to destroy Halo as well, perhaps?

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah no idea, I kinda doubt that he'll get a Mark 7, at least they shouldn't do that, he's just come back to earth at the end of Halo2 from a really short trip so I mean it'd be kinda silly if they were like "well while we were being invaded we made a whole new suit" now it'd be cool if they just maybe had a couple add ons or adjustements they could do which could be feesable. But I see it as he was out on Reach and away from Earth for a long time from when he had the Mark V which was actually brand new and experimental in the original Halo. He got it right before they left Reach and he was the first Spartan to get it so yeah. But heck who knows they probably will give him a new suit in Halo 3 just to mess with us and show off the next xbox's power or whatever.

Anyways I honestly hope the Arbiter goes the way of Raiden and that we only see him in cut scenes to move the story along. I dont want to play as him anymore, I was tired of it after 1 level in Halo2 and really pissed he was the last one you play as, it was a neat thing at first but that one level should have been it. Just like with MGS2 I bought Halo2 to play as Master Chief (or in the latter game I wanted to be Solid Snake) I dont like being thrown in as some sidekick lol

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are two sides to every story Cybergig1. Bungie was simply trying to put you in the shoes of an elite and see how it feels to be in their situation and on their side. Not all of the covenant were friends(as you can see with the brutes and the elites). The thing I liked most about the arbiter that master chief didn't have(and also helped combat greatly) was the cloaking option as opposed to a useless flashlight. It really helped get me out of tough situations. Besides if the arbiter is as good as mater chief(depending on the player of the game) then he can be his own stand alone hero. I wouldn't exactly call him a sidekick(he had his own war to fight) but more of a sidestory to make it seem as if not all of what Master Cheif does is richeous, and it's just a big misunderstanding between the elites and humans because of the prophets false judgements and actions. Also, that boss in the end(with the thor like hammer) is extremely hard when faced in heroic.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    In spite of the evidence, I don't think I can accept humans as the creators of the ring, seems far too improbable.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardedge
    In spite of the evidence, I don't think I can accept humans as the creators of the ring, seems far too improbable.
    It was said that the halos were previously fired wiping out any and all memory of humans building it. So the humans now in the present don't know that their own kind built it in the past and are destroying their own creations

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    definitely not the humans of the time it shows. It makes it sound as if the humans left on Earth were primitive and left untouched by the forerunners. But who knows we'll see whenever they decide show it in Halo 3 or whichever

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    So, then, who exactly are the forerunners if they aren't humans? Someone else had a theory that they were machinery that became human with the use of the flood(that's why the flood existed in the first place), but that seems weird to me.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I doubt that the Forerunners used the Flood to become human. I mean, look at the Flood! They are big walking mushrooms with lots of gas and spores inside them. And then there's those fat exploding guys, not to mention the little parasites. Nothing human about 'em. They are just ugly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast