Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Happiness

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Happiness

Happiness is not in things, or money or even friends. It is a mind set but you have to equate happiness to things that are worthwhile, when we do the things in our lives that we truly want and they are things that are truly worthwhile only then will we experience happiness, at least in my opinion.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

You gotta remember that people with not much in life in terms of money and material posessions are usually very rich people. They have gone though so much adversity that they have grown and become stronger because of it and those poor families know what truely matters in life, famliy, friends, work, talents, balance, memories, growing and Love will bring happiness. Money will only bring pleasure, and pleasure only lasts for but the blink of a moment.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

money cant buy the happiness of a person.. there are many ways u can tell if a person is happy.. in my own opinion.. person is happy because something nice happens to them.. 2nd they are happy because they think that they survived all circumstances and lastly they are happy because they are just happy.. no words can explain why they are happy..
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

My position in this discussion is a bit complicated, as I take both ideas from Aristoteles and Kant. What I take from Kant is that happiness is achieved by the order our will receives from ourselves to be for others. I'd be no more happier than knowing somebody smiled thanks to me. However Aristoteles is right imo in the aspect that good health, glory, money ease happiness, BUT (and we return to Kant) only if you are for others. I just hope I explained it all well

This just reminds me how much I wish to have a child to make him/her smile, happy and kind, but that's another story.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm happy when my friends are happy.
    That's all part of my nature - I like making people happy. I understand that money can't buy happiness, but I still go out of my way to buy my friends little gifts for no occasion. Just for kicks. Just to make them happy. It's not like showering your fiancee with extravagant stuff. Sometimes I buy cookies and give my friends a small packet each. Sometimes I just give them all cards for no good reason, or little brooches or pins. And on Christmas or their birthdays, I go out of my way to get them what they like or want. I don't think of it as being used, because I don't think my friends have ever taken advantage of me in that sense. I find out from other people (relatives, close friends) what that particular friend wants, and then I start hunting for it. It makes my heart swell with joy to see the look of surprise and joy on my friends' faces when they get what they've been hoping for for a long time.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

not necessarily...

lots of random black ladies win it, and they start freaking out and they're famous for like a week and then you never hear about them again...

people win for a reason and people lose for a reason...

poor people aren't poor just cuz the system... most times they're poor cuz they're own choices and circumstances...

stop bi-... cuz you didn't win the lottery... SHUT UP!!! goodness, money isn't everything, sure it makes things easier but then you get leeches... numerous fat, useless leeches that weren't even your friends until you invited to your party...

SO IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

anyway... why don't you do something good for people, and win the Nobel peace prize! then you can be famous, rich, AND holy...

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    The Laws of Karma! They act on all, but ultimately, all will attain eternal bliss...no worries.

Not quite. Money may bring pleasure, but not happiness. Happiness is a totally different league...no material wealth can provide happiness, even if the wealth is spent prudently. All material possessions just bring a temporary pseudo-euphoric feeling in the mind of that individual, not happiness.
    ya, money will change most ppl so that thay wont more and more. then there friends start to live them and then that person will be lonly. and thats not happiness

IM BACK

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I think winning massive amounts of money would bring more strife and conflict then happiness. I mean just think what would happen. Greed and jealousy would run rampant through all of you friends and family like wild fire. You fight with your family, your friends leave you, leeches show up, corruption hits you in the face and suddenly you find yourself surrounded by people claiming thier your friends but for some reason you more lonely then you've ever been in your life.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast