Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hard drive based Mp3 players

Newbie AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R's Avatar
    Thanks

Hard drive based Mp3 players

would it be safe to walk through a metal detector with one of these?? I heard they emit a slight magnetic field... it wouldn't be strong enough to clear off all my songs would it?

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    don't know but i wouldn't try. why the heck do u want to do that? O_o lol. Although that be wierd that you someone created a small "emp" shockwave that disables some of the metal detectors. i wouldn't try it. just for the sake of other travelers and the sake of my time.

Newbie AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R may be famous one day AznDriftRaC3R's Avatar
    Thanks
    well I gotta go through the metal detectors everyday when I come to school, I just find it repetitive to take it out of my pocket and put it into my bag when the security ppl check it, and take it back out and put in my pocket after I walk through. Back then I had a flash memory player and I didn't have to worry about that, so I was more accustomed to just leaving it in my pocket. o well, I guess its worth the extra trouble just to be safe.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Metal detectors use electro magnets if Im not mistaken any type of magnet that is that strong can mess up just about anything. Im guessing your school is a High security school due to guns and other deadly objects. I would suggest if you won't get in trouble with having the MP3 player in your bag then continue doing that. if so leave it at home

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    how about this, leave your mp3 player in your locker along with a small FM broadcaster

that way, you can use a radio instead??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    nice idea but personal fm broadcasters don't have a wide range. if they did, they would be illegal due to fcc regulations.

there's also plenty of other reasons why it's not such a hot idea, but i won't get into it.

the metal detectors are a hassle, but there's things in life you have to sacrifice in order to satisfy your personal enjoyment. the question is, how bad do you want it?

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    walking through a meatal detector SHOULD NOT do any dammage to your harddrive based mp3 player (lets, for the sake of the argument, call it an ipod [easier to type]).

HOWEVER, strange things have been known to happen with meatal detectors, especially when the actually detect something so repeated exposure would not be a good idea for the ipod.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm....metal detectors at a school...geez..thats kinda too secure? But then again things bad have happened at school cuz of metal things....regarding the thingy watever...i wouldnt risk it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast