Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HArd Drive LIfe, etc about Hardware

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The ramp up to higher RPMs and greater storage densities does have something to do with the reduced service life of Hard Drives. A lot of the technology is so new that estimating the life span of the drive can only be done through hardware simulation, with no real experience on how the hardware will actually hold up in the real world. (And the IBM storage division got bitten rather badly with problems in their deskstar drive line...) Also, notice that the capacity for SCSI drives (which still dominate the RAID storage industry) are no where near the capacity of IDE and SATA drives that are coming out...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

lex
    Newbie lex may be famous one day lex may be famous one day lex's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'v had my 120gig Maxtor for 3 years, its been every United states, South Korea, Kuwait, Iraq, States again, and back to iraq. There is sand and dust everywhere and I use it all the time. The thing is I try my best to keep it clean, CanAir, Static Free wipes, Clean area to operate. I clean my Laptop constantly. I currently have two 120gig HD, two 60gig HD, one 40gig HD, two 512mb Thumbdrives, I have a lot of media and personal data in which I always need to have concerning my job. My advice is clean your equipment!! clean your area!! don't download Viruses!! I only connect my HD when I need them, that way I don't crash then doing something stupid. Well I hope this advice helps.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum rules...
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2