Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hard, then Easy Bosses

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hard, then Easy Bosses

Who here has had a boss fight (or whatever), and it was REALLY HARD, then fought them a second time, and it was SOOO EASY it's amazing? I don't mean games where you fight two diff. versions of boss, I'm talking about if you do the exact same fight over again, maaaaaybe slightly leveled or whatever.
    Alright, I'll start off by talking about Sephiroth from KH. It took me around 10 tries to beat him (cuz I realized I was BADLY underleveled the first couple times), then I fought him again (this is completely true, I swear it), and I was just playing around, I didn't even really think of beating him the second time, but I literally just ran up, bashed him, ran around, bashed again, did all the jumping at the right times, and I BEAT HIM. I couldn't believe it. Here was this boss that I thought was PURE EVIL, then I run up, attack again, and he's DEAD. (BTW, the fights were right after each other. I leveled up maybe once from the first fight, max)
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    With enough practice, most bosses become easy to beat (one of the main reasons I absolutely abhor difficulty adjusting games). People just are way too lazy and/or have no patience to try many times.

Anyway, it's true that some bosses really surprise me with how easy they are as opposed to the amount of problems I had with them in the past.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think there's an engine in the game that changes the difficulty automatically. But i don't know.. it'd be funn playing a game where u never know what the difficult level will be
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I think it happens to be easy the second time around because you happen to know what's gonna happen, because you've seen parts of their strategy, moves, etc. and know what's coming up and are prepared the second time. Just like Hassun said, it take some extent of practice to defeat a huge boss fight. I've experienced fights in most FF games like that. Second time around, I always get it if not the first ^_^;
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Jeez i remember the bosses in Ninja Gaiden (i played it on hard the first time) and how freakin tuff they were, but after like 20 tries on that flying succubis boss i finally got the pattern down and beat her easily. Guess you just haft to find out how to dodge all the attacks and such n' it just comes naturally after enough practice.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    If ur meaning like a final boss on the final fantasies...yea....some how in FFIX the last last boss seems to be way too easy especially if u plan it out so well that ur almost unbeatable....hehehe...my secret way to win ;D...and no its not a cheat!!

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    I think there's an engine in the game that changes the difficulty automatically. But i don't know.. it'd be funn playing a game where u never know what the difficult level will be
    Yes it very much would...

ok, back on topic...

That is how it was for me trying to beat Meta Ridley in the first Metroid Prime. Then one day out of no where, I try so many times. I already have all the pickups...

Then a few days later, out of the blue, I just pick up the controler and own him.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    I think it happens to be easy the second time around because you happen to know what's gonna happen, because you've seen parts of their strategy, moves, etc. and know what's coming up and are prepared the second time. Just like Hassun said, it take some extent of practice to defeat a huge boss fight. I've experienced fights in most FF games like that. Second time around, I always get it if not the first ^_^;
    Spoken like a true Prodigy. im with ya on that one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast