View Poll Results: Has AO become less involved with anime?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I think so!

9 33.33%
  • I don't really know...

2 7.41%
  • Actually, I don't think so at all!

16 59.26%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Anime Online dot net is a great community! Great discussions, and awesome topics to chat about ~ but has it lost its touch with the prospect of "anime"? Have people become more involved in other topics of discussion (personally I just am a forums member myself)? What about in regards to photosharing? IS AO revolving more about pertinent issues and less about anime? Share opinions on this!!! Regardless , the community always is a great place to chat and meet new people.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Well, when you've been up for so long, you start to run out of legitimate anime threads. Seriously, How many Inuyasha threads do we need? But Animeonline will always be Anime at heart.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    Well, when you've been up for so long, you start to run out of legitimate anime threads. Seriously, How many Inuyasha threads do we need? But Animeonline will always be Anime at heart.
    I think the problem lies more in the fact that all people create are inuyasha threads, so the discussion dies quicker than I can close the damn things these days. Yet I don't see any threads on the new crop of anime out in japan now.

Newbie trowble may be famous one day trowble may be famous one day trowble's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the name hasn't changed. I'm pretty sure almost all of the members of AO likes Anime. We all have our differences and we're unique as humans can be, but there's one thing that ties us all together and that's our common interest, in you guessed it, Anime.

No matter how much we stray away from it in topics, if it weren't for Anime that brought us all together , then this place would be called TAO (Teenage Angst Online).
    Too big. 110 is height limit.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

well if you think about it from the start, anime threads don't have a lot of room to work with...here are the possible thread replies

1) about the plot : good or bad
    2) about the male characters
    3) about the female characters

that's not a whole lot to talk about

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    well if you think about it from the start, anime threads don't have a lot of room to work with...here are the possible thread replies

1) about the plot : good or bad
    2) about the male characters
    3) about the female characters

that's not a whole lot to talk about
    That's soooo true, actually. Not much development SaDDD

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah wheres all the anime gone ....
    gett ao back to the gallery!!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just here for the food....oh wait...wrong forum.

I mostly hang out in the debate forums because that's where my intrest really lie. Don't get me wrong, I love anime and wish I could see/buy more of it. I just really don't like talking about it. Once past the three catagories that pyoro-pyoro listed theres not a lot to cover. I don't care for "who's your favoirte anime character" threads. I want meat and potatoes in my discussions. But that's just me. It's like the FF arguments over which is the best one. I like FF9 thank you, even with all the talking animals. I don't want my enjoyment of it ruined by some 12 year old who can't get past the "talking rat" to see a good game underneath. I perfer my anime unadulterated by others oppinions.

Even in the debate threads the anime still shines through. It is the one thing that does bind us together even if some of us never talk about it. I can tell quite a bit about a person by the type of anime they like and how they express themselves about it.

This site will always be about Anime no matter what the discussion is really talking about. Anime is ingrained into all of us to such a degree that it would be very difficult to fully separate it from us.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast