View Poll Results: Has AO become less involved with anime?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I think so!

9 33.33%
  • I don't really know...

2 7.41%
  • Actually, I don't think so at all!

16 59.26%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Newbie trowble may be famous one day trowble may be famous one day trowble's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    yeah wheres all the anime gone ....
    gett ao back to the gallery!!
    I always thought the heart of AO was the forum. The gallery is what attracted the people (and leechers), but to me the forum is what kept the place interesting.
    Too big. 110 is height limit.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess the reason anime isn't the main theme in the forum is because there isn't much to discus on anime. also there is the big potential for threads to end up in condtradiction fights for example:
    "evangelion rules" says jim
    "it sucks" says bob
    "no it doesn't" says jim
    "yes it does" says bob
    you get the picture, i guess what could be useful is if the gallery was made into a forum section, see to be honest i didn't even know there was a galery when i started up, and i don't really go there. but thats just a suggestion that i'll put in the suggestion forum section.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

While I originally joined for anime, I'm a member now for the people. I enjoy discussion with the lot of you. Every once in a while I'll get hyped about a new anime coming out and I can be found discussing it, however it's common life and general ideas which I find the most interesting to discuss. Everyone has their own opinion, and I wish to know your's.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I always thought the heart of AO was the forum. The gallery is what attracted the people (and leechers), but to me the forum is what kept the place interesting.
    NO NO NO I DEFINITLY remember ao's old gallery it was much more interresting !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deaths_raver667
    you get the picture, i guess what could be useful is if the gallery was made into a forum section, see to be honest i didn't even know there was a galery when i started up, and i don't really go there. but thats just a suggestion that i'll put in the suggestion forum section.
    go to 4-chan. ao is not a image leeching site!!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i never siad i'm completely interested in the image thing, i only come here for the god damn forum it was just an idea.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    well if you think about it from the start, anime threads don't have a lot of room to work with...here are the possible thread replies

1) about the plot : good or bad
    2) about the male characters
    3) about the female characters

that's not a whole lot to talk about
    Not entirely true. Depending on the anime, you could also talk about the best weapon, giant robot, ninja technique or skill.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

You can talk about the philosophy behind the anime, like Serial Exeriment has lots, Neon Genesis Evangelion has so many theories yet so many things people understand that it would make a great discussion to try to understand what happened in there, Haibane Renmei had some good elements and any other anime that had a few good ideas put into it. Yhough I agree that the subject falls quite fast once everyone put their opinion on it with an occasional debate or two.

I first came here to hear about anime titles, try to find the anime that were really worth, it. I also briefly check out the Gallery once a month to kinda a bit pick those I like and keep them somewhere on my computer to enjoy as a background at a later time. When I'm bored I welcome newcomers and when I feel good, well I try to debate as best I can. That's AO for me.

Note: I did try twice to learn Photoshop because of this site, but still haven't been successful yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm, it probably has been lost for me, I can't remember the last thread I posted in that was actually about an anime, but no doubt someone earlier in the thread would've said exactly what I would wanna say, so there'd be no point me posting in it XD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast