View Poll Results: Has AO become less involved with anime?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I think so!

9 33.33%
  • I don't really know...

2 7.41%
  • Actually, I don't think so at all!

16 59.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Has the "A" been lost in AO?

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Not entirely true. Depending on the anime, you could also talk about the best weapon, giant robot, ninja technique or skill.
    well of course but I was just being general about the gist of things

but just like sensory pleasure, as long as there are new music and movies coming out the forum section itself will not die

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    I think quality over quanity is better
    We couldn't possibly be more on the same page Jade. Im with you on that one definately.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I like responding to the threads in the Cyber Lounge, personally. The Anime/Manga section is quite limited, as as been mentioned.

But, if you are creative, you can come up with some great anime threads. There's more to anime than just plot and characters. What about the music? The metaphors behind the story? The emotional impact it had on you? I've tried a few of those threads... But no one wants to have in depth conversation on anime. Most responses are "it was cool" or "I didn't like it" blah blah (No offense to any members of AO!)

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deaths_raver667
    i guess the reason anime isn't the main theme in the forum is because there isn't much to discus on anime. also there is the big potential for threads to end up in condtradiction fights for example:
    "evangelion rules" says jim
    "it sucks" says bob
    "no it doesn't" says jim
    "yes it does" says bob
    you get the picture, i guess what could be useful is if the gallery was made into a forum section, see to be honest i didn't even know there was a galery when i started up, and i don't really go there. but thats just a suggestion that i'll put in the suggestion forum section.
    you have a good point there bro....Sometimes kids come out with Inuyasha's threads that for some people are just a waste of time.....

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trowble
    I always thought the heart of AO was the forum. The gallery is what attracted the people (and leechers), but to me the forum is what kept the place interesting.
    What??? I don't even look at anywhere on the site BUT the forums!!! Haha, the forums are the only reason I go to AO lol ~

Pretty much its all I have time for, because of college, and other things I'm currently dealing with in life.

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh I know that i said something the other day along these lines and all but I never think that this site will quit being an Anime site. I mean yeah there are more discussions on the war and all but there are still a great deal of discussion about anime and all. Just give it time we can't say that this is a boring website and all because it is a really awesome page for anime and all. I don't know wether we are the biggest anime page in wich there are members and discussion boards but this is still an awesome page and there are so many new membersa all the time.
    And yeah I agree that there are just too many freakin threads about damn Inuyasha and all. I mean there ae alot more animes and all then just Inuyasha and all so why dont we talk about them. Inuyasha just gets really old after a while and all. But I don't know what you could actually do to Anime Online to make it any better I mean it is a s good as it will get.
    Some one told me we ought to have some of the ful metal alchemist and all the Cowboy Bebop games on the arcade section but I don't think that, that will ever happen.
    Just Giv Anime Online some time and all. I mean I am a Junior in high school and there is alot of work that I have to do and all and I don't have as much time now as I did over the summer to talk and chat to some of my AO friends and all. But yeah AO is awesome and I know no ne has really come forward and really kind of attacked the page and all, but if there is ever a person who does think that let me talk to him and I will defend this site and all because I really like this page and I would hate to see some one rip it apart.
    So yeah lets clean it up and some one please poste something about Van Helsing or FMA or FD or something else besides Inuyasha and all that because it is getting old and the archives are full of that mess. And you always have to remember that "Your parents may disown you and throw you out, but here at Anime Online we love you."
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really, I mean, there are still tons of theads on this forum about anime.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I never came here for the anime. Some anime is interesting, but not enough to rave about in thread after thread. i'm a gamer, and where there's anime, video games are short to follow. That's why I come. Talk about games and debates.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast