Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has japanese anime effected american animation?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Has japanese anime effected american animation?

In many of the american animation; i've been seeing a trend in using some japanese anime styles mixed in with it. Like expression's, design, more complex story lines. I think that american animation.... is evoling to keep up the changing society... and the need for better graphics and story's.
    No more looney toons... nah they're the best .
    So discuss how you think that japanese anime has changed american animation.
    An will american animation continue to change?
    Will there ever be a day where you cannot figure out if a anime is american made or japanese made?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Shougo may be famous one day Shougo may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Not that I've noticed. I think Japanese anime is better than american cartoons any day.
    I am following you, watching your every move..........Exactly like a SHADOW

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    everithing is bettre than usa creation. as for the anime, Japan is tha best cause it is the mother land.
    Coming soon.........

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Obviously being British we don't really have our own cartoons made any more. But you people have a complex that unless something is the Real McCoy, it simply isn't good enough. It can't be as good enough. Despite some of it is much the same.

Like the other day people were complaining about animations made outside of Japan were not as good, but half of everyones favourites it turned out were being made in places like Korea anyway.

To be honest, I think most people here are just buying into the image and not the creation, well it's got that style it *has* to be Japanese. It's cool to be Japanese. It's not Japanese? Oh man it must SO suck. Meh.

I'm sure most of you won't understand this but it's the same with the modern pagan image. If you're not from Ireland or some other celtic place, if your not from Salem or some "magick" place or you don't have parents or grandparents who were witches then you are a wannabe. Only that's not true at all, it's about superiority and image, that's all. A witch from London can be just as good, better or worse than a witch from Wales. An animation from America or Korea or wherever can be just as good, better or worse than Japan.

Anime happens to be more complex (in some cases) than that seemingly traditional American style (remembering that in the US it's still more of a kids thing), increased Japanese popularity of culture (and anime) means that animators are going to copy what works, what brings in the money. A merge, just like my own art style that will reach different paths and experiment in new styles, that can only be a good thing. From an artistic point of view anyway....

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to say yes and no.....want to know y?............................welll.......i dont know, thas jus my answer cuz my head blank rite now...

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    There's no doubt about it, America's been affected harshly. Have you watched how more and more Japanese shows are making their way onto the TV in the US ? I see it, and I see kids watching it. Ya ever een "Totally Spies" ? They have the anime effect too, along with *shudder* Teen Titans. Therefore, I agree.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Absolutely so, every cartoon i see now thats American made has some shade of anime influence....not that this is a bad thing...its just that..crappy animation or not...i miss normal American toons. Like the old X-Men show, or Earthworm Jim, and the Spawn cartoon on HBO was insane. Loved it. But now the states are solely interested in milking the anime craze. End of story.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Earthworm Jim....so fantastically original. I loved it. Havn't seen it for years, and still have the theme tune in my head.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast