Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has japanese anime effected american animation?

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ummm, don't you guys know that Japanese Animation (Anime) first took inspiration from Disney cartoons? And from those roots, well we come to know anime as it is now.

Pretty ironic right? But I'm not sure it's affecting it as much as you guys think. It's just a different style for both, regardless what cartoon you're watching. There might be some sort of ressemblance sometimes, but still very distinct one from another.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    no way.....O_O I can't think it went from America to Japan to America. . . weiiirdd
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    no way.....O_O I can't think it went from America to Japan to America. . . weiiirdd
    What has the world come to?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    THe style that came from america was cartoony, japan changed that style to some'n better, anime. They didn't copy disney style o.o... cause then Inuyasha would be called mickeyasha.... O.o weird. or how bout berzerk.... Goofyzerk.... Nope.

Let's talk bout how japanese artist's influenced american artist's, please.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    mickeyasha....
    HAHAHA that's a good one
    Coming soon.........

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Teen Titans.

Enough said.

Newbie cherry_chocolate may be famous one day cherry_chocolate may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Japanese anime IS influencing american animations. its pretty obvious, from what i see on my TV set nowadays. its not necessarily a bad thing, i guess. but i do sorta miss the old american cartoons... stuff like Dexter... and the wacky loony toons... Tom and Jerry... =D I grew up on those, afterall.

And someone mentioned that american cartoons are starting to have more complex storylines. Well, if they are, I haven't seen very many. @_@; Of course, that could be just Singaporean TV. Like teen titans, even though they use the "traditional" Japanese anime expressions (falling down in shock?), its storyline... well... isn't much to brag about.
    But then again, i've always thought that the fun part about American cartoons is that you can walk in during the middle of an episode and still be able to follow the story plot, at least a little. Not to mention laugh at the silly antics present in so many of them. ^_^
    Last edited by cherry_chocolate; Jan 17, 2005 at 03:06 AM.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that japanese animation has had positive effect on american cartoon. But like allways americans have somehow managed to spoil good influences...

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast