Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has japanese anime effected american animation?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Even the Justice League has a strange change and stories that would come from an anime.

Most definatly american toons have been altered by anime and beleieve it's because they recoginize that many people here in america do like anime. i mean pokemon and yu-gi-oh have taken the place of shows like spiderman and animaniaics, and Cartoon network keeps getting more and more anime-based shows besides just on toonami and adult swim. American artists are just trying to stick with the "fad" if you will, keep the viewers happy.

The only american cartoons that really beat anime, are the pixar films.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Even the Justice League has a strange change and stories that would come from an anime.

Most definatly american toons have been altered by anime and beleieve it's because they recoginize that many people here in america do like anime. i mean pokemon and yu-gi-oh have taken the place of shows like spiderman and animaniaics, and Cartoon network keeps getting more and more anime-based shows besides just on toonami and adult swim. American artists are just trying to stick with the "fad" if you will, keep the viewers happy.

The only american cartoons that really beat anime, are the pixar films.
    TRue, this is the meaning of this thread.
    Pixar makes some really good cartoons, that may be animes's only rival.
    But change is a good thing, just thinking of the future of american animation is going... i like it.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    TRue, this is the meaning of this thread.
    Pixar makes some really good cartoons, that may be animes's only rival.
    But change is a good thing, just thinking of the future of american animation is going... i like it.
    I assume your just talking about shorts? Half-hour shows rather then movies. Because there is some great animated movies out there that wern't made in Japan.
    (Not saying I agree with you just want to clarify the subject.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I assume your just talking about shorts? Half-hour shows rather then movies. Because there is some great animated movies out there that wern't made in Japan.
    (Not saying I agree with you just want to clarify the subject.)
    >_> not saying they were made in japan....

Thread opening...
    Has japanese anime effected american animation?
    I know they are great movies that weren't made in japan.
    Were talking bout how japanese anime has effected these american movies, shorts, etc.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I believe that american animators relied heavily on good vs. evil before the advent of japaneese animation. After years of ONLY good vs. evil bieng cramed down americas throat, people wanted something different. Since japaneese animation doesn't reflect any specific "other" nationality ie: they do kinda look "white"
    So looking at the animation style and better plots than just good vs. evil, I believe that pushed american animators to either give in to japaneese animation, or come up with better plots and storys that included some good vs. good vs. evil who's in love with good#2.
    Also, the thing about the animation style not reflecting the characteristics of eastern-asian people, I mean to say that the japaneese animation doesn't necessarily connect with any distincy ethnicity in general. you could easily draw a single character and totally not know his/her ethnicity.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    As I said earlier, Japan did first take influence from Disney at first, but now that Japanese animation has evolved to a point where the comparison between Disney/American cartoons and Japanese Anime is just so huge. These days, I think that what Japan has learned is that the art is one thing, but developping a story, in different kinds of forms, not only the "good vs evil" theme like someone pointed out, but war stories, love stories, action, adventure, sci-fi, and fantasy. The thing with Japanese animation is that the excellent storylines accompany excellent artwork. And I think it's effect on the American/Western cartoonist is great. However, in whichever way the western world wants to interpret how they should use the new influence is up to them.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    excellent storylines accompany excellent artwork.
    Sometimes.... not always.

3x3 eyes - great animation, great story.

Burn up W - bad animation, bad story.

Some are more concerned with the cheap hits with fan service than working on something that's waterproof to plot holes.

I don't know about American animation, I don't know enough to comment on it. There are some of the best stories from anime, but there are some of the worst too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    Sometimes.... not always.

3x3 eyes - great animation, great story.

Burn up W - bad animation, bad story.
    Some are more concerned with the cheap hits with fan service than working on something that's waterproof to plot holes.
    I agree with ur fan service thing... but about burn up... no.
    Depending on who's watching the anime, they're love for a certain type of anime differ's. Burnup in my opinion was pretty good; not saying it's the best thing i've ever seen.. but not bad. They're alot of fans for the series, too.
    So nothing is goona be perfect, there's always a anime out there that some people wont like .. cause they find it offense, obsence, Etc.
    That's why u look for anime YOU might find interresting.
    "I know people who hate's yasha.. and some that love yasha... Their views of the anime are totally different."
    "
    I don't think the fan service has effect america yet... but i DONT look forward to Minnie Mouse in a bathing suit.... that'll be a sad day indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast